LSPDFR API Requests

• Community Team
Posted (edited)

I've been speaking to @Cyan about adding a specific API request, she suggested we add a post where people can post requests and the community and upvote ones that are important.

My request is on behalf of @Echooo@MarcelWRLD@AstroBurgers for an API method to unarrest a ped, also freeing it of any of the tasks and animations that are applied.
This would allow plugins like StopThePed and PR(WIP) to take control of a ped that's arrested without cloning it and deleting the original which causes a lot of null issues for other scripts.
I do not foresee this causing any issues with existing plugins or scripts, and in fact would probably fix a lot of issues on older plugins that don't check if a ped is null when these plugins are installed. Echo mentioned this here already as well.

If you have API suggestions I recommend posting them below so we can keep track of them!

Edited by SuperPyroManiac

LSPDFR modding giving you a headache? Join ULSS for support or just to hangout!.

https://discord.gg/ulss

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 5:46 PM, MarcelWRLD said:

Yeah as Pyro mentioned:

Functions.SetPedAsArrested()

doesn't really make the ped no longer arrested. The peds still keep their blip and tasks etc. which is why cloning is the only option.

Correction: There is another way by killing (Health = 0) the suspect, yielding and resurrecting the suspect. It is what STP and PR (will) use.

Footage: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1238724776563048518/1239235889499082812/Untitled_video_18.mp4?ex=66422fdb&is=6640de5b&hm=4f503d77b12097ff78ec8925f6e4942287a8aa124ade883c99ccb936215789b3&

Edited by MarcelWRLD