Sign in to follow this  
NickieB

Zmod texture question

So I'm trying to apply window mesh to the rear windows of a project charger. Everything is setup correctly, the mesh is attached to the rear doors respectively and then when I try and export it says this: "Missing shader configuration for shader "gta_vehicle_guard" in material "rear window guard". Reverting to "gta_default"." Rear window guard is what I named the material. It exports fine though and it looks how it should in OpenIV, it shows the mesh being on the windows but when you spawn it in game it doesn't show up. Any ideas for why this would be? Same thing for the mesh I added to the prisoner divider, it doesn't show up in game. When I say mesh I mean this, http://sudservice.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/cv-window-mesh.jpg

I took the window and made a copy, re-textured it to the prisoner mesh guard and moved the mesh slightly to the inside of the car. Then attached it to the door itself so it would open correctly. I did everything right as far as the modeling goes but I must have made a mistake with the texturing which is something I'm still trying to learn. 

Edited by NickieB

did you name the material rear window guard cause if you did then thats you problem all together.

i would to name something more appropriate such as mesh, or vehglass and then let zmodeler rename it to rear window guard mesh or whatever upon reimport.

did you name the material rear window guard cause if you did then thats you problem all together.

i would to name something more appropriate such as mesh, or vehglass and then let zmodeler rename it to rear window guard mesh or whatever upon reimport.

So use a shorter name for the material? like guard_mesh or is that still to long? And then your saying to export it then re add the materials and re import the car?

UPDATE: So I just tried that, renaming it to something shorter and I didn't get the shader config error anymore and it works in game. Thanks a lot for the help even though it was something so simple! +1

Edited by NickieB