thinblueline

Crime Scene Tape

I started a thread about this in the suggestion forum but it was immediately archived. Anyone have a clue why? I just saw that the suggestion forum was open today. Well anyway here is the original post. I'd like to hear feedback on whether it could work or not.

"I don't know if this is possible, but crime scene tape would be useful for keeping peds out of my crime scene and walking over the bodies or other evidence. It would be nice if you could pin it up anywhere by using the gun to aim and keying it to hang in two or more places. It should also have the same attributes that the barricades have, so it is solid and nothing can pass through it. It may just be me but this sounds like a feasible mod.

-thinblueline"

I always liked the idea of police tape for investigations and scene clearance  I agree, the peds are really annoying when they walk right into your investigation or when you are trying to heal someone and the road is blocked off.

It's possible, I made my own a while back, if you just use the same method as sniper uses for his policing tools, you can create a new object entirely. Then you just write a script to spawn it where you aim.

But will it stop peds and cars? Considering how many problems I had with barriers and cones I doubt it, but maybe someone will have better idea how to make it better :)