Chernobog's outrigger legs

AchilleX

Hi guys, I'm developing a callout and I need a ped shooting from a Chernobog.

The problem is that the Chernobog must have his outrigger legs down to be able to shoot and I can't find the Native to do that. I only managed to find the Native that tells if the legs are down, which is

BOOL _0x3A9128352EAC9E85(Vehicle vehicleWithOutriggerLegs)

Any help? Thanks!

Edited by AchilleX

Check out my FIB HRT Callouts script for LSPDFR!

• 2 weeks later...

This is limited by what Rockstar intends to do. If R* doesn't intend that one to be used by peds R* might as well not provide that native because they rules out unused natives on build.

Supporting is somewhat like locating an issue, then trying to apply a protocol that would eventually guide the subject to fix their game, and sometimes, on rare occasions, trying to diagnose a weird issue with everything you know.

14 minutes ago, WithLithum said:

This is limited by what Rockstar intends to do. If R* doesn't intend that one to be used by peds R* might as well not provide that native because they rules out unused natives on build.

When the Player presses the H button and the outrigger legs are deployed, the game should have called a Native to do that, or I am wrong?

The game engine does that. Not a script.

Natives are only used by in-game scripts like in missions.

Supporting is somewhat like locating an issue, then trying to apply a protocol that would eventually guide the subject to fix their game, and sometimes, on rare occasions, trying to diagnose a weird issue with everything you know.

3 hours ago, WithLithum said:

The game engine does that. Not a script.

Natives are only used by in-game scripts like in missions.

I don't think your explanation is accurate, and I think it is reasonable to believe there could be an undiscovered native that would manipulate the outrigger legs, similar to how there are natives to manipulate parts of other vehicles.

Released plugins

Automatic Siren Cutout | Rich's Police EnhancementsScene Manager | Rich Ambiance

Retired - No more updates

Or it could be ruled out in the build process of GTA V.

• Management Team

I had a quick look and there might not actually be a native for this. However, the legs are controlled via a flag that can be set easily via memory. You can use this (it scans for the flag offset dynamically to make it more resilient against game updates). You also might want to turn this into an extension method and cache the offset somewhere (though RPH does cache the pattern result after the first scan).

private static unsafe void SetOutriggerLegsEnabled(Vehicle vehicle, bool state)
{
    // You could cache the offset somewhere.
    var patternOffset = Game.FindPattern("74 30 80 BF ?? 03 00 00 00");
    var offset = *(int*)(patternOffset + 4);
    var legsDownFlagAddress = vehicle.MemoryAddress + offset;
    byte* legsFlags = (byte*)legsDownFlagAddress;
    *legsFlags = state ? (byte)1 : (byte)0;
}

Edit: If you manually change the float (a few bytes before the flag value), you can actually set the ground distance and achieve some funny looking results:

GTA5_2022-01-03_11-51-41.jpg

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

Wow! Thanks! Now i'll try it.

I was using Cheat Engine to find something similar and I found a byte that was modified by the function with offset 0xF7D0F8, but I did not manage to call it successfully. Never tought I could do something like this!

EDIT

Working!

2093531143_GrandTheftAutoV03_01_202212_32_58-min.thumb.png.1204438ac5b5cc29261772487c07fddc.png

Edited by AchilleX
Added image