Override standard animations when aiming

Topic reference: 

hello, 

This was originally a idea for LSPDFR but now im doing it on my own. 

Im currently trying to override standard aiming animations but gta takes over.

Is there a native i could use or an AnimationFlag that i missed?

Edited by ziipzaaapM16A4
Gramma

Take a look at my Plugins:

AmbientAICallouts: Ai get calls too. Callouts can turn into a backup request for the player [YouTube Link]

Search Vehicle Plugin: Simple and more Immersive Vehicle Search Plugin [YouTube Link]

What Was You Name Again?: Get the name of a Suspect even when arrested and placed in your Vehicle [YouTube Link]
Corpse Inspection:  Investigate the corpse. Interact and search for details in a more Cinematic way  [YouTube Link]
[WIP] EnvoirementalCallouts: A couple of Callouts and WorldEvents that are likely to happen to you while you're on duty [Youtube Link]

[OnHold] EMS Support: Be the First Responder of Medical Emergency's and do CPR on Patients [YouTube Link]

spacer.png

Checkout my Patreon for Early Access to my mods                                       checkout my Discord Server

• Management Team

There are clipsets related to movement and weapons iirc but you will not be able to specify individual animations. That is handled by the game engine itself. You could try replacing the animations with OpenIV and see if that magically makes it work.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

4 hours ago, LMS said:

There are clipsets related to movement and weapons iirc but you will not be able to specify individual animations. That is handled by the game engine itself. You could try replacing the animations with OpenIV and see if that magically makes it work.

I think this would mess up the game when other peds go into a fight they would do the handAtHolster instead of fighting and it would be a bad solution for a simple feature. 

i guess i have to cancel this if nobody sees a solution. 😕 

AmbientAICallouts: Ai get calls too. Callouts can turn into a backup request for the player [YouTube Link]

Search Vehicle Plugin: Simple and more Immersive Vehicle Search Plugin [YouTube Link]

What Was You Name Again?: Get the name of a Suspect even when arrested and placed in your Vehicle [YouTube Link]
Corpse Inspection:  Investigate the corpse. Interact and search for details in a more Cinematic way  [YouTube Link]
[WIP] EnvoirementalCallouts: A couple of Callouts and WorldEvents that are likely to happen to you while you're on duty [Youtube Link]

[OnHold] EMS Support: Be the First Responder of Medical Emergency's and do CPR on Patients [YouTube Link]

spacer.png

Checkout my Patreon for Early Access to my mods                                       checkout my Discord Server

• Management Team
1 hour ago, ziipzaaapM16A4 said:

I think this would mess up the game when other peds go into a fight they would do the handAtHolster instead of fighting and it would be a bad solution for a simple feature. 

i guess i have to cancel this if nobody sees a solution. 😕 

Perhaps you could duplicate a clipset and then override the animations in there.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

that could work. Do you have a reference where in GTA i can find the directory of an clipset? can't find anything in google.

Edited by ziipzaaapM16A4

spacer.png

• Management Team

I have no idea unfortunately, haven't dealt with animations much.

So far many thanks.

spacer.png

So i found the Animations but as far as i see this i am unable do modify those animations.

The only thing i found is https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/20673/it-s-happening-animation-editing-is-now-possible-thanks-to-jedijosh920/7

and this never has been released.

without editing the Animation im unable so rename them. 

Does anyone knows an working (maybe unreleased) Animation Editor for GTA V?

spacer.png

• Management Team

Where are the animations located?

As far as i can see that there are a couple of Directorys. The one i used was an Information from 

(the video is from the guy how made the unreleased YCD Editor )

So i have the files but i'll need to edit the specific file. I cant' just simply rename them because there are 3 animations for the fistfight_idle and i got just one handonholster_idle.

that means i have to delete the other 2 idle animations. but i cant see where they end and its possible that i delete the file header.

Ok. Then i was searching for an editor. But the editor that has never been released seems to have a leak idk. Somebody asked for this editor and found it with no futher information.

---> https://gtaforums.com/topic/862663-animationopenivis-there-some-way-to-open-ycd-files/

Edited by ziipzaaapM16A4

spacer.png

• Management Team

If you cannot edit them, you might be out of luck. What happens when you delete the specific ycd? Does the game crash or just not use the animations?

On 6/25/2020 at 3:56 PM, LMS said:

If you cannot edit them, you might be out of luck. What happens when you delete the specific ycd? Does the game crash or just not use the animations?

still does its job... hmm must be the wrong directory... idk

spacer.png