OfficerTrauma

update to vehicle download section

wonder if anyone would like this idea the way I see It I think it would be cool if we separated LSPD highway and sheriff example drop down for lspd a drop down for sheriff and one for highway

just food for thought making it easier to locate certain packs in a timely manor

7 minutes ago, OfficerTrauma said:

wonder if anyone would like this idea the way I see It I think it would be cool if we separated LSPD highway and sheriff example drop down for lspd a drop down for sheriff and one for highway

just food for thought making it easier to locate certain packs in a timely manor

I like the idea of breaking it down even further to make it easier to find exactly what we want, but if we did this, we'd also have to include non law enforcement, such as DOT, construction, tow, etc.  I think that'd be taking it a bit too far.

Personally, being able to just separate law enforcement makes it 10x easier.

8c16fdd7ee76d7f2e148e995573a77e2.png

Adding further filters is on our roadmap -- the blocking aspect is our community tagging system which isn't ready yet.

Most authors won't update their old files, so a community tagging system for introducing new filters is essential.

I personally love the idea that's why I brought it up and the filtering would put the frosting on the cake too that way we don't mess up our games with outdated files

43 minutes ago, OfficerTrauma said:

I personally love the idea that's why I brought it up and the filtering would put the frosting on the cake too that way we don't mess up our games with outdated files

Outdated vehicles won't mess up your game unless you do something incorrectly when installing.  There are vehicles uploaded from years ago that still work just fine.  What Cyan meant was that authors are not going to go back and update the tags on their files simply because of new forum features.

Just to point out, vehicles don't get outdated.  They get old, as in they've been uploaded for a while, but they still work just as good.

that's what I meant thank you for correcting it but even if it means separating dot vehicles and such I think in the long run all that separation of vehicles by department and by civilian type would be well rewarded in the end