Sign in to follow this  
Reffie1997

[SOLVED] How do I make shattered glass bits around car frames in ZModeler3?

Hi there!

I'm a newbie in ZModeler3 and I'm having a problem now where when I make breakable windows in my car models (By adding the "Crash" entity in the COL elements, in the vehicle_vehglass and vehicle_vehglass_inner materials), the windows shattered off completely from window frames upon collision like this, which is unrealistic:

d5e4c8af3a5c82086f361eca3597ad76.png

How do I create realistic shattered glass effects in ZModeler3 so when upon collision, I can have shattered window bits around the car frame like this (This is taken from a stock Granger):

496c2174517ea4473f99563a53c41790-png.jpg

I have also removed the base values of the car model upon modding my car in ZModeler3 as my model was crashing the game upon spawning. Not sure if this contributes to where the shattered window bits does not show up upon collision...

Many thanks to you all!

Edited by Reffie1997

4 hours ago, Reffie1997 said:

Hi there!

I'm a newbie in ZModeler3 and I'm having a problem now where when I make breakable windows in my car models (By adding the "Crash" entity in the COL elements, in the vehicle_vehglass and vehicle_vehglass_inner materials), the windows shattered off completely from window frames upon collision like this, which is unrealistic:

d5e4c8af3a5c82086f361eca3597ad76.png

How do I create realistic shattered glass effects in ZModeler3 so when upon collision, I can have shattered window bits around the car frame like this (This is taken from a stock Granger):

496c2174517ea4473f99563a53c41790-png.jpg

I have also removed the base values of the car model upon modding my car in ZModeler3 as my model was crashing the game upon spawning. Not sure if this contributes to where the shattered window bits does not show up upon collision...

Many thanks to you all!

Use the cols and materials from the stock granger.

Olge (the guy that makes ZMOD did a video on this, Just make sure to have closed captions 

Edited by 0taku

7 hours ago, 0taku said:

Olge (the guy that makes ZMOD did a video on this, Just make sure to have closed captions 

Thank you sooo much! After exporting the models with the .cwgv files in the folder, I'm finally getting shattered window bits around the car frame upon collision! 

13 hours ago, Reffie1997 said:

-snip-

Just glad I could help