Jump to content
Ocean25

Backup XML

Recommended Posts

I was wondering where to put <Vehicle extra_1=true>police3</Vehicle> in the backup xml?

Does it go in this section and if so where?

Spoiler

<VehicleSet>
                <Vehicles>  <!-- A model will be chosen randomly from a vehicle set. You can use the same model more than once to increase the chance. -->
                    <Vehicle>police</Vehicle><Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>
                    <Vehicle>police5</Vehicle>
                </Vehicles>
                <Peds>
                    <Ped chance="80">s_m_y_cop_01</Ped>  <!-- Chances must add up to 100 -->
                    <Ped chance="20">s_f_y_cop_01</Ped>
                </Peds>
                <NumPeds min="1" max="2" />  <!-- Number of peds that will respond (minimum and maximum) -->
            </VehicleSet>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ocean25 said:

I was wondering where to put <Vehicle extra_1=true>police3</Vehicle> in the backup xml?

Does it go in this section and if so where?

  Hide contents

 

 

 

You have it in the right section, but placed incorrectly.

 

Instead of  <Vehicle>police</Vehicle><Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>

 

It should look like this:

 

 <Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Giordano said:

 

You have it in the right section, but placed incorrectly.

 

Instead of  <Vehicle>police</Vehicle><Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>

 

It should look like this:

 

 <Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>

thank you will try it out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Giordano said:

 

You have it in the right section, but placed incorrectly.

 

Instead of  <Vehicle>police</Vehicle><Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>

 

It should look like this:

 

 <Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>

ya gio my backup xml looks like this now, and backup doesnt respond 

Spoiler

VehicleSet>
                <Vehicles>  <!-- A model will be chosen randomly from a vehicle set. You can use the same model more than once to increase the chance. -->
                    <Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>
                    <Vehicle>police5</Vehicle>
                </Vehicles>
                <Peds>
                    <Ped chance="80">s_m_y_cop_01</Ped>  <!-- Chances must add up to 100 -->
                    <Ped chance="20">s_f_y_cop_01</Ped>
                </Peds>
                <NumPeds min="1" max="2" />  <!-- Number of peds that will respond (minimum and maximum) -->
            </VehicleSet>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ocean25 said:

ya gio my backup xml looks like this now, and backup doesnt respond 

  Hide contents

VehicleSet>
                <Vehicles>  <!-- A model will be chosen randomly from a vehicle set. You can use the same model more than once to increase the chance. -->
                    <Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>
                    <Vehicle>police5</Vehicle>
                </Vehicles>
                <Peds>
                    <Ped chance="80">s_m_y_cop_01</Ped>  <!-- Chances must add up to 100 -->
                    <Ped chance="20">s_f_y_cop_01</Ped>
                </Peds>
                <NumPeds min="1" max="2" />  <!-- Number of peds that will respond (minimum and maximum) -->
            </VehicleSet>

 

 

Double check that you have no missing brackets, and that everything you've edited is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Giordano said:

 

Double check that you have no missing brackets, and that everything you've edited is correct.

i have i copied and pasted yours and still nothing, i'm putting in underneath <vehicles> so idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ocean25 said:

i have i copied and pasted yours and still nothing, i'm putting in underneath <vehicles> so idk

 

Remove my line and then try and see if it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 1:52 PM, Giordano said:

 

Remove my line and then try and see if it works.

Do i leave <Vehicle>police</Vehicle> or do i replace it with <Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ocean25 said:

Do i leave <Vehicle>police</Vehicle> or do i replace it with <Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>

 

For right now, leave it at <Vehicle>police</Vehicle

 

Just to see if the backup.xml works again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Giordano said:

 

For right now, leave it at <Vehicle>police</Vehicle

 

Just to see if the backup.xml works again.

the backup works when its just that, but i h8 the extras on it lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ocean25 said:

the backup works when its just that, but i h8 the extras on it lol 

 

Strange.  The backup.xml even says

 

You can also specify what extras should be enabled:
<Vehicle extra_1=true>police3</Vehicle>

 

I'm not sure it would stop working.  Try copy and pasting that exact line and see if it makes a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Giordano said:

 

Strange.  The backup.xml even says

 

You can also specify what extras should be enabled:
<Vehicle extra_1=true>police3</Vehicle>

 

I'm not sure it would stop working.  Try copy and pasting that exact line and see if it makes a difference.

i have multiple times, just to be clear i replace the regular <vehicle>police</vehicle> with the extra one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ocean25 said:

i have multiple times, just to be clear i replace the regular <vehicle>police</vehicle> with the extra one? 

 

Yes, you delete the one already there then add to it.

 

So if you have <Vehicle>police</Vehicle>

 

You would replace that with <Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>

 

However, looking back at a post you made, you said yo hate extras.  To my knowledge there isn't a way to prevent an extra from being used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 11:08 PM, Giordano said:

 

Yes, you delete the one already there then add to it.

 

So if you have <Vehicle>police</Vehicle>

 

You would replace that with <Vehicle extra_1=true>police</Vehicle>

 

However, looking back at a post you made, you said yo hate extras.  To my knowledge there isn't a way to prevent an extra from being used.

i thought that's the whole point of the extra line to make it so the specific extra isn't used 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ocean25 said:

i thought that's the whole point of the extra line to make it so the specific extra isn't used 

 

No, what I showed you, the <Vehicle extra> line was to force an extra on a spawned police car.   There's no way, to my knowledge, to prevent extras from being used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Giordano said:

 

No, what I showed you, the <Vehicle extra> line was to force an extra on a spawned police car.   There's no way, to my knowledge, to prevent extras from being used.

ok on this vehicle the extra is on slot 10 so i figured just write in 1 because theres no extra on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×