misterkibbles

vehicle texture problem

So with just about every single police mod I download all of them load weird, the doors are like tires and rotate when you drive there is no tires and it does this no matter what I do with any mod, ive put them all in the right folders. I don't know what else to do.

20180928140316_1.jpg

20180928132752_1.jpg

2 hours ago, misterkibbles said:

So with just about every single police mod I download all of them load weird, the doors are like tires and rotate when you drive there is no tires and it does this no matter what I do with any mod, ive put them all in the right folders. I don't know what else to do.

20180928140316_1.jpg

20180928132752_1.jpg

What is the folder you're placing them in?

4 hours ago, Giordano said:

What is the folder you're placing them in?

My most recent patchday folder. honestly it does it put it in most of of the patchday folders.

Just now, misterkibbles said:

My most recent patchday folder. honestly it does it put it in most of of the patchday folders.

Most recent patchday folder is correct, that's always where they should be.  The issue you're experiencing implies that either

a) You installed the vehicle incorrectly.  (maybe missing the _hi.yft, or you have mismatched files)

b) The files you installed are conflicting with another set of files of the same name.

My advice, to start, do a clean reinstall of this model.  If that doesn't work, try another car and see if it still happens.  If both fail, get back to me and we'll go from there. 🙂

1 minute ago, Giordano said:

Most recent patchday folder is correct, that's always where they should be.  The issue you're experiencing implies that either

a) You installed the vehicle incorrectly.  (maybe missing the _hi.yft, or you have mismatched files)

b) The files you installed are conflicting with another set of files of the same name.

My advice, to start, do a clean reinstall of this model.  If that doesn't work, try another car and see if it still happens.  If both fail, get back to me and we'll go from there. 🙂

The problem is, ive completely renewed the mod folder, and it still does it, to any mod that I install. I feel like this is more user error than the game itself, its just I don't know what Im doing wrong.

3 minutes ago, misterkibbles said:

The problem is, ive completely renewed the mod folder, and it still does it, to any mod that I install. I feel like this is more user error than the game itself, its just I don't know what Im doing wrong.

Lets start over then.  What patchday specifically are you placing the files in?

2 minutes ago, Giordano said:

Lets start over then.  What patchday specifically are you placing the files in?

im putting them in patchday19, which is my most recent.

10 minutes ago, misterkibbles said:

im putting them in patchday19, which is my most recent.

What slot are you trying to install this in? and whose pack/car is it?

What slot are you trying to install this in? and whose pack/car is it?

I put them in vehicles.rpf and it does it almost every single mod I install, forgive me for all this, im fairly new to modding.

I put them in vehicles.rpf and it does it almost every single mod I install, forgive me for all this, im fairly new to modding.

I mean, what slot are the vehicles for? police, police2, police3, etc.

Just now, Giordano said:

I mean, what slot are the vehicles for? police, police2, police3, etc.

All of them, im trying to download a pack, but it just doesn't want to work.

All of them, im trying to download a pack, but it just doesn't want to work.

Try a different pack, or just any car and see if that yields a different result. 

14 minutes ago, Giordano said:

Try a different pack, or just any car and see if that yields a different result. 

Thank you, it worked, I think it might have been the pack, I think it was missing files I was supposed to have.

Thank you, it worked, I think it might have been the pack, I think it was missing files I was supposed to have.

You're welcome!  Can you link me to the pack you were trying, please?

2 minutes ago, misterkibbles said:

this is the pack.

I've used his pack before, and it works fine for me.  Granted, it has been a while and I didn't use any of his auxiliary vehicles.

For now, just use a different pack and enjoy playing.  Then down the road try this one again. 🙂

I've used his pack before, and it works fine for me.  Granted, it has been a while and I didn't use any of his auxiliary vehicles.

For now, just use a different pack and enjoy playing.  Then down the road try this one again. 🙂

Thank you so much for your help, it was much appreciated!

9 minutes ago, misterkibbles said:

Thank you so much for your help, it was much appreciated!

Where did you install the vehicles.meta file? You made sure openiv was in edit mode?

@misterkibbles

Edited by Pav500