Mark Stavaros

Changing Vehicle Sounds

Recently, I decided to install a new BCSO pack that has a charger instead of a CVPI. I changed the handling line, but can't figure out how to change the vehicle sound to the buffalo. I have also seen warnings about changing a vehicle sound in a police package, some saying that it screws up the vehicle. Is this true?

6 hours ago, Mark Stavaros said:

Recently, I decided to install a new BCSO pack that has a charger instead of a CVPI. I changed the handling line, but can't figure out how to change the vehicle sound to the buffalo. I have also seen warnings about changing a vehicle sound in a police package, some saying that it screws up the vehicle. Is this true?

This isn't clear enough, the rule of thumb is if the audio package from vehicles.awc is over 15.7 mb your vesicles sounds will be muted.

What are you trying to change your charger sound to? I'm confused. 

1 hour ago, Pav500 said:

This isn't clear enough, the rule of thumb is if the audio package from vehicles.awc is over 15.7 mb your vesicles sounds will be muted.

What are you trying to change your charger sound to? I'm confused. 

Trying to change the sheriff1 slot (CVPI) to a charger

5 minutes ago, Mark Stavaros said:

Trying to change the sheriff1 slot (CVPI) to a charger

I thought you meant something else.

Inside Vehicle.meta change 

<audioNameHash> </audioNameHash>

Between the >< put the vehicle model you want it to sound like. So you would put

<audioNameHash>buffalo</audioNameHash>

Even though you can do it the way Pav500 suggested, my advice is to use this script: https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/auto-engine-sound-swapper. It allows you to leave your game files untouched and replaces the sound of any vanilla vehicle to any other vanilla vehicle, and also fixes the radio problem that occurs when setting a non emergency audio hash to an emergency vehicle (police vehicle with replaced sound would have the radio on without the possibility of it being turned off due to lack of the radio wheel on emergency vehicles). Hope you find it helpful!

Edited by Lukez3218

If it’s an els vehicle you can do what pav500 said if it’s not els you can’t because you won’t get sirens, If your vehicle is els I would set the audioNameHash to WINDSOR because I’ve found that’s more like a real charger sound

Edited by JROOT31