Dawnicide

Someone have any idea what's going on here?

Just finished a vehicle in ZModeler3 but the materials/textures are all messed up in game. There are no missing textures in the *.ytd file and in OpenIV I can see the textures.

Anyone any ideas/tips?

Cheers

GTA5_2018-05-01_00-10-13.jpg

GTA5_2018-05-01_00-10-31.jpg

26 minutes ago, Dawnicide said:

Just finished a vehicle in ZModeler3 but the materials/textures are all messed up in game. There are no missing textures in the *.ytd file and in OpenIV I can see the textures.

Anyone any ideas/tips?

Cheers

GTA5_2018-05-01_00-10-13.jpg

GTA5_2018-05-01_00-10-31.jpg

Your textures for the interior is using mesh as a materials setting which by the way is used for chrome or mirrors. Change your settings to interior2.

Just now, majorpaine2015 said:

Your textures for the interior is using mesh as a materials setting which by the way is used for chrome or mirrors. Change your settings to interior2.

Your windows are you another windows texture that may have the same name as the one you want to use. Rename texture to something else.

5 minutes ago, majorpaine2015 said:

Your windows are you another windows texture that may have the same name as the one you want to use. Rename texture to something else.

I believe that a lot of people use vehicle_mesh for materials like Plastic, Leather etc. Basically used a plastic specmap which should work. Regardless -- Almost all textures are displayed wrong. It basically picks up images that are being used by objects in the nearby area as you can see in the seam, I think it's a shrub or tree rofl

52 minutes ago, Dawnicide said:

I believe that a lot of people use vehicle_mesh for materials like Plastic, Leather etc. Basically used a plastic specmap which should work. Regardless -- Almost all textures are displayed wrong. It basically picks up images that are being used by objects in the nearby area as you can see in the seam, I think it's a shrub or tree rofl

What does the plastic specmap look like. If it's certain colors, it'll leave meshes looking chrome

1 minute ago, Black Jesus said:

What does the plastic specmap look like. If it's certain colors, it'll leave meshes looking chrome

That's what i was saying...lol

1 hour ago, majorpaine2015 said:

That's what i was saying...lol

no, you said he shouldnt be using mesh as thats used mainly for mirrors or chrome. blackjeses is saying to use mesh, but to use a dark spec map. and mesh is a good matieral to use, not only for chrome/mirrors, anything really, as long as you are using the appropriate spec maps.

2 hours ago, Dawnicide said:

make sure you have all the textures in the ytd. it sounds like you may be missing some so the game is picking others, which could be the cause for the chrome seats.

17 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

The specmap I currently use is #2d2d2d (64x64 if dimensions matter).

15 hours ago, OfficerFive0 said:

no, you said he shouldnt be using mesh as thats used mainly for mirrors or chrome. blackjeses is saying to use mesh, but to use a dark spec map. and mesh is a good matieral to use, not only for chrome/mirrors, anything really, as long as you are using the appropriate spec maps.

make sure you have all the textures in the ytd. it sounds like you may be missing some so the game is picking others, which could be the cause for the chrome seats.

All the textures are available in the *.ytd file. Could it possibly be an issue with the amount of vertices or polygons being used? This is currently 209447 / 234367.

If that should not be an issue I'll attempt to rename all the files and reassign them considering none were missing.

Cheers for your (possible) answers

1 hour ago, Dawnicide said:

All the textures are available in the *.ytd file. Could it possibly be an issue with the amount of vertices or polygons being used? This is currently 209447 / 234367.

If that should not be an issue I'll attempt to rename all the files and reassign them considering none were missing.

the amount of polys shouldnt matter, though on a side note, 209k polys is really high for a car in gta.

I could technically add a vehicle in game purely with the "required" dummies and collision for the part right? Might make it easier for me to troubleshoot potential issues per part at that point.

3 hours ago, OfficerFive0 said:

the amount of polys shouldnt matter, though on a side note, 209k polys is really high for a car in gta.

Thanks for all the help, just tried to add it as a DLC instead and it's working just fine. Apparently replacing cars isn't great without editing certain XML files I suppose.

Cheers!