woody1

Gta says version 1290, RPH says version 1365, whats the fix?

GTA crashes when launched from steam, but it says 1290 before crash. RPH wont launch because it says version is 1365. I did the verify cache integrity several times. Whats the issue?

Go into your Grand Theft Auto V directly and launch GTA by double clicking playGTA.exe (the exe may or may not show depending on how you have folder options set).

As GTA is booting up, it will show a version number on the lower right of the screen. That is the version number you should be concerned with.

2 hours ago, woody1 said:

GTA crashes when launched from steam, but it says 1290 before crash. RPH wont launch because it says version is 1365. I did the verify cache integrity several times. Whats the issue?

you said that your GTA V version is 1290, right? you need the latest patch 1365 to make RPH works.

did you do these:

• open up the game properties (right click the game in your Library)
  • go to the "Local Files" tab
  • then select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" 

it should update your game to the latest version (GTA V 1365)

if it doesn't work, reinstall GTA V.

I already verified integrity,it downnloaded 8 files, still says 1290.

I uninstalled 1 hour ago and reinstalled via steam, Still says 1290 upon loading screen, bottom right corner. Game crashes

1 hour ago, phantoms said:

Go into your Grand Theft Auto V directly and launch GTA by double clicking playGTA.exe (the exe may or may not show depending on how you have folder options set).

As GTA is booting up, it will show a version number on the lower right of the screen. That is the version number you should be concerned with.

Cant launch via the exe only via steam

Here is an odd one. On this load screen it says 1365 but on the next load screen it says 1290 online 1.42

gta1.jpg