Taylor1102

GTA 5 + RPH Crashes on startup.

I have just installed GTA 5, and a bunch of met police mods. I have now tried to boot GTA 5 With and without RPH with no luck. Would anyone be able to help me?

Crash report: pastebin.com/dzA2awSz

Posted (edited)

I had the same issue today (and the last time I played LSPDFR was like a couple days ago, with no problem). Starting RPH and GTA crashing. Starting GTA alone and it was crashing too.

Make a backup of GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe, steam_api64.dll (in the game folder) and update.rpf (game folder > update). Nothing new, the usual stuff to revert to a previous version of the game.

If you have the game on Steam: in your game library right click on GTA V > Properties > Local Files tab > Verify integrity of game files, that will make sure that you have the lattest version.

In your GTA directory place the various ScriptHook files in a temporary folder (especially if you are playing with a much older version, ScriptHook may not be compatible with the lattest game version). Start GTA V itself, not through RPH, and you'll see that it updates R* Social Club before launching (I think that this is the culprit causing our crash, an outdated version of Social Club, so it's possible that you may even save you all these trouble by updating it if you can do it manually). It doesn't matter if the game still crashes at some point, it did for me after the Loading screen.

If it didn't crash just quit the game, place your ScriptHook files back in the game directory, replace GTA5.exe, etc. with the files that you backed up earlier. And start RPH. You should be able to start the game now.

Edited by DLM3

1 hour ago, DLM3 said:

I had the same issue today (and the last time I played LSPDFR was like a couple days ago, with no problem). Starting RPH and GTA crashing. Starting GTA alone and it was crashing too.

Make a backup of GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe, steam_api64.dll (in the game folder) and update.rpf (game folder > update). Nothing new, the usual stuff to revert to a previous version of the game.

If you have the game on Steam: in your game library right click on GTA V > Properties > Local Files tab > Verify integrity of game files, that will make sure that you have the lattest version.

In your GTA directory place the various ScriptHook files in a temporary folder (especially if you are playing with a much older version, ScriptHook may not be compatible with the lattest game version). Start GTA V itself, not through RPH, and you'll see that it updates R* Social Club before launching (I think that this is the culprit causing our crash, an outdated version of Social Club, so it's possible that you may even save you all these trouble by updating it if you can do it manually). It doesn't matter if the game still crashes at some point, it did for me after the Loading screen.

If it didn't crash just quit the game, place your ScriptHook files back in the game directory, replace GTA5.exe, etc. with the files that you backed up earlier. And start RPH. You should be able to start the game now.

Thanks, I will try this fix now. I will report back if it has fixed. Over.

I tried your fix kind sir, and yup. It didn't work for me :P but if anyone else reads this I advise they try it!

All I know now is that it was one of the Met police car mods. So I decided to go with the Met police car pack that had the .oiv support.