2Sierra16

Virus From GTA V

Posted (edited)

***EDIT- I have no choice but to restart turns out it completed deleted my GTAV.exe file***

Hello, I am looking for some suggestions, today I opened up my GTA with RPH and my windows defender popped up and said I had a virus. Sure enough when I see where it cam from it was in my GTA folder, and it was a severe trojan virus. Should I delete and re-install GTA and delete all mods and folders related to modding? I love lspdfr but I can't risk my security over it. What does anyone else think and has anyone else recieved a virus from a mod? I only use lcpdfr.com other than one plane mod so I think it may have been from this website so be cautious

Edited by 2Sierra16
change

5 hours ago, 2Sierra16 said:

***EDIT- I have no choice but to restart turns out it completed deleted my GTAV.exe file***

Hello, I am looking for some suggestions, today I opened up my GTA with RPH and my windows defender popped up and said I had a virus. Sure enough when I see where it cam from it was in my GTA folder, and it was a severe trojan virus. Should I delete and re-install GTA and delete all mods and folders related to modding? I love lspdfr but I can't risk my security over it. What does anyone else think and has anyone else recieved a virus from a mod? I only use lcpdfr.com other than one plane mod so I think it may have been from this website so be cautious

The only incident I've heard recently was Kasperky (or whatever) flagging advancedhookv.dll.  Not sure why Windows Defender would flag and delete your GTA.  If it does it again, just set GTA as an exception.

In your modding process have you used any non OIV Tool Installer files and or non manual installations?. Like have any of the modifications you have downloaded and or ran brought up a third party installer and or process?. Just curious, but as G' said above with what he mentioned it would be odd.

The problem was it wasn't just flagged it actually found 2 viruses but I don't know where their origin is from. Also the only non OIV Installer I believe I used was Code 3 Callouts, I know that there was a program on my control panel for it but I don't remember if I installed it manually or if the program installed it, and I don't think it would be the cause. I have completed deleted my mods folder, and verified my game cache and it re-installed 3 files. I believe you were both there for my post a few days ago about FiveM I think for now I am going to try that for a little before trying out LSPDFR and RPH and all my mods again. I keep re-scanning just to make sure nothing else comes up and will continue to do so for a little while.