Bonerraitor

Lspdfr is a virus ?

7 minutes ago, Bonerraitor said:

lspdfr is a virus ? Antivirus showing it as a virus ? 

No it's not a virus. Some Antiviruses show it as one. As a veteran in GTA modding here's my advice to you: Uninstall all of your virus protection (including the ones integrated into Windows). As long as you're not an idiot you'll be fine. Remember the best virus protection is you.

4 minutes ago, HomerS said:

No it's not a virus. Some Antiviruses show it as one. As a veteran in GTA modding here's my advice to you: Uninstall all of your virus protection (including the ones integrated into Windows). As long as you're not an idiot you'll be fine. Remember the best virus protection is you.

Advising they remove their antivirus, even temporarily, isn't smart advice.  Adding as an exception will solve the problem.

20 minutes ago, Kallus Rourke said:

Advising they remove their antivirus, even temporarily, isn't smart advice.  Adding as an exception will solve the problem.

I'm not saying in relation to his current problem. I've run no virus protection for years, and have pretty much never gotten a virus. All virus protection does is cause problems (at least in my experience).

5 minutes ago, HomerS said:

I'm not saying in relation to his current problem. I've run no virus protection for years, and have pretty much never gotten a virus. All virus protection does is cause problems (at least in my experience).

It's impossible for you to know your computer is completely virus free without some sort of software to establish that. It's never good to remove an anti-virus. 

Just now, pjwhunt98 said:

It's impossible for you to know your computer is completely virus free without some sort of software to establish that. It's never good to remove an anti-virus. 

I see what you're saying. But Malwarebytes does a pretty good job. But of course there's no way to know for sure. Just remember the simplest answer is usually the most correct one. In my opinion people need to stop being scared of the scary monster virus hiding under the bed.

1 minute ago, HomerS said:

I see what you're saying. But Malwarebytes does a pretty good job. But of course there's no way to know for sure. Just remember the simplest answer is usually the most correct one. In my opinion people need to stop being scared of the scary monster virus hiding under the bed.

Aye that's very true, I still see where you are coming from also. Do apologise if I came across like I was jumping on your back I can reassure you I wasn't! 

2 minutes ago, pjwhunt98 said:

Aye that's very true, I still see where you are coming from also. Do apologise if I came across like I was jumping on your back I can reassure you I wasn't! 

Not a problem man.

8 minutes ago, HomerS said:

In my opinion people need to stop being scared of the scary monster virus hiding under the bed.

That's fine for you to think that, but please don't advise folks against using them.  While technical people won't go to stupid sites that might have viruses, there are still plenty of those who aren't computer literate and have no idea about what a virus even is.  (note: this is not a moderator request, a personal one)

Getting back to what the OP posted, you're fine and dandy to install LSPDFR.  If the anti-virus is blocking it, add as an exception.