Lordani66

Sometimes stopping people works, sometimes it doesn't

It seems very random, at least I didn't notice what the pattern is but sometimes, the button for stopping people (or should I say - stopping in general) doesn't work. You know, the function when I get close to someone/ a group of people adn I want them to stop doing whatever they are doing, shout, and they look at me and I can give them citation, warn them or ask for ID. For example I have a traffic stop, the driver is wanted, so I ask him/her to leave the vehicle and they do, but then I press right on d-pad (I think it's E on keyboard or whatever) and nothing happens, no matter if I press it for a shorter or a long time, it makes my player say stuff like "you asshole" sometimes etc. But sometimes this function works as it should and I really don't know why it behaves like this... Anyone?

1 minute ago, Lordani66 said:

It seems very random, at least I didn't notice what the pattern is but sometimes, the button for stopping people (or should I say - stopping in general) doesn't work. You know, the function when I get close to someone/ a group of people adn I want them to stop doing whatever they are doing, shout, and they look at me and I can give them citation, warn them or ask for ID. For example I have a traffic stop, the driver is wanted, so I ask him/her to leave the vehicle and they do, but then I press right on d-pad (I think it's E on keyboard or whatever) and nothing happens, no matter if I press it for a shorter or a long time, it makes my player say stuff like "you asshole" sometimes etc. But sometimes this function works as it should and I really don't know why it behaves like this... Anyone?

This is an issue for everyone.  Stopping people by holding e/right d pad sometimes works, but will randomly break.  What always works is aiming your weapon at them and holding it.

4 minutes ago, Kallus Rourke said:

This is an issue for everyone.  Stopping people by holding e/right d pad sometimes works, but will randomly break.  What always works is aiming your weapon at them and holding it.

Yeah that's exactly what I do. But sometimes it's unrealistic. Oh well, that's a bummer but thanks for the info :D. That was quick.

3 minutes ago, Lordani66 said:

Yeah that's exactly what I do. But sometimes it's unrealistic. Oh well, that's a bummer but thanks for the info :D. That was quick.

You're welcome. :)