Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Your Opinions About This Mod

http://www.gta4-mods...k-v9-tbo-f13939

What do you think about it? I am thinking of downloading it but will it slow my game? My game is slow on some parts of town if I have AI using ELS and/or with raining/lighting.

Edit: Here are my comp specs:

Operating System

MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

CPU

Intel Pentium E6500 @ 2.93GHz 40

Edited by Eagle

I'd recommend NOT to download this pack.It says its for high-end PCs.Even I have a way too powerful rig than yours and I ignored this pack when I first saw it.Plus,its not tested on multiple computers under extreme conditions.

But,if I'm asked for my personal preference,I'd redirect you to:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/vehicles/the-essential-200mb-car-pack-v10-f12404

I'm using a customized version of this where I've replaced/added more cars in it.Still,seeing your PC setup,I'd advise you to do it the regular manual way- test it,keep it.Try the cars what you want to,and if you see other people as well as yourself aren't having any issues,keep it.If it does make problems,remove it.Packs restrict you to models you won't want.And they'll take away your textures,too.

In nutshell,I won't recommend this particular pack to be downloaded.At least,after seeing your system specs.

Wow great mate, thanks a bunch for them. They have handlings and realistic things, downloading at the moment. I am thinking of replacing 20 cars since Traffic Flow has 20. Here is the list of them:

Model1 = ORACLE

Model2 = INFERNUS

Model3 = SULTAN

Model4 = SENTINEL

Model5 = BLISTA

Model6 = FACTION

Model7 = HUNTLEY

Model8 = CAVALCADE

Model9 = MOONBEAM

Model10 = DILETTANTE

Model11 = FEROCI

Model12 = COQUETTE

Model13 = PONY

Model14 = SABRE

Model15 = SABRE2

Model16 = BANSHEE

Model17 = NRG900

Model18 = ADMIRAL

Model19 = HAKUMAI

Model20 = COMET

I think it won't make me problems with 20 modded vehicles + 2 taxis, what do you say?

Oh ye, +1.

I Have An 7770 Graphics Card

And A AMD ATHLON II 630

It works perfectely No Crashes with LCPDFR!

But I Have Six Gigs Of Ram.You have 2 That Maybe A Problem IDK

IF You Experience Texture Loss REMOVE ALL TRAFFIC SCRIPTS (TrafficFlow,TrafficControlSystem)

Just play online and the Bug Is GONE!

Edited by Deputy.Donuts

my computer already told me a long time ago "please bro don't do this to me" i installed a vehicle pack and had nothing but problems and i run my game on High settings at all times, the little blue light on my computer was looking at me like "WTF is wrong with you?"

Edited by Slimory

Yay, my opinion, yes.

I don't like car mods, DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!

@Eagle: DO NOT TRY TO FORCE-SPAWN THE CARS WHICH ARE MODDED!

It'd just create a headache for you.I'm concerned about your PC,mate.

See,if you enter modded slots in Traffic Flow,it will try to spawn the given set/pool 90% of the time on roads.The stock traffic (which is low-poly and recommended) will get a lesser chance to spawn.High-poly models all the time = more strain on PC = trying to spawn taxis = fail (because traffic flow resists it) = compensation = dissolved textures.

Getting my point? The game will anyway try to spawn 10% of the random cars,so its best to see those modded cars in 10% part.Leave the will to see them in 90% part,or your pc will screw itself up.

I can just advise you.Rest is upto you.

I run my game fully maxed out with modded cars, (some times I will use ELS if I want that) and I do use LCPDFR as for LCPDFR I have yet to really see a major crash (minor things here and there no big deal, its a mod, I expect it to happen) as for my rig it was designed with being a power house for these type of games (designed when FSX was still in beta stages and was a really hungery game for ram and CPU and graphics...) so I can't really say much about your rig but I would honestly say if you can add a gig or two of RAM it will help some, the most strain for your rig in GTA4 is either on graphics or CPU or both, simply because of the cars and AI and all that mess....

the most strain for your rig in GTA4 is either on graphics or CPU or both, simply because of the cars and AI and all that mess....

Only CPU.GTA:IV is strictly CPU-bound game than GPU-bound.

Only CPU.GTA:IV is strictly CPU-bound game than GPU-bound.

Um. What? Can you elaborate a bit on that statement?

Simply replace the word "bound" with "dependent" if you find it confusing.

In that pack not all models are new. So I tried to replace all 20 slots and it runs even better without it. xD

But I have half cars that are modded and half stock so it runs okay.

Glad to hear.But you better slow down,now.I don't think its gonna take any more of that.So,don't just cram it all up.At one point you'll realize that its about to puke.Over-eating just causes indigestion--"Thumb rule of GTA:IV modding".