Sign in to follow this  
LaazeR

Help Installing

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if someone could like take control of my computer over teamviewer and help me set everything up as I'm unsure how to do everything. The only thing I have and am currently reinstalling is a Legit version of GTA 4, If anyone could and would help me I'd be so appreciative and would possibly have a reward for you :P

Harper made a helpful video that shows how to install and deal with possible errors, you can find it here:

Thanks, I'm following this as of now, I will reply back here if I have any more issues.

Hello, I did everything, and I have everything installed yet the diagnostic program just stopped working and I set my GTA 4 Directory in my Program Files on my windows vista so its not read only, and It keeps changing back anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by LaazeR

run diagnostic as admin, and again with the read only issue? seems like Microshit effed up again

run diagnostic as admin, and again with the read only issue? seems like Microshit effed up again

I ran diagnostic as admin, and it just crashed on me haha. and Yeah. Is that a problem? Or can it be fixed?

redownloaded the Diagnostic tool and I received these results I guess lol here they are:

BEGIN *SIGNED* LCPD First Response Issue Report

Diagnostics Tool Version: 0.4.3

Operating system: WindowsVista HomeBasic (6.0.2.0 Build: 6002) Service Pack:Service Pack 2

System RAM (GB): 0.94

CPU cores: 2

NET Framework 4.0 installed: True

Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable installed: True

GTA IV - Installed: True

GTA IV - Install folder: C:Program Files2K GamesGrand Theft Auto IV

GTA IV - Version: 1, 0, 7, 0

GTA IV - Asi loader installed: True

GTA IV - Asi loader: DSOUND

GTA IV - Asi loader valid: True

GTA IV - C++ ScriptHook installed: True

GTA IV - C++ ScriptHook valid: True

GTA IV - C++ ScriptHook version: 0, 5, 1, 0

GTA IV - ScriptHookDotNet installed: True

GTA IV - ScriptHookDotNet valid: True

===============BEGIN .NET SCRIPTHOOK LOG===============

2012-04-26 17:23:46 - Initializing ScriptHookDotNet v1.7.1.4 BETA (GTA IV version 1.0.7.0)

===============END .NET SCRIPTHOOK LOG===============

End of *SIGNED* LCPD First Response Issue Report

Digital signature: KE0cvV4P7zhEZNIh+ZnbJQ==

Edited by LaazeR

whats the error you get when you try to install it? or is it just a double check or something?

whats the error you get when you try to install it? or is it just a double check or something?

When i ran the diagnostic tool, It said everything was checked off fine, but it said there was 1 error, and also within my program files folder I change it so its not read only for the GTA Directory, and it keeps changing back you know a way to fix that?

not 100% but i might beable to unlock it so you can run gta with out running as admin

not 100% but i might beable to unlock it so you can run gta with out running as admin

Okay, Can you message me on my aim msn or skype? heres my details:

AiM: xLaazeR

MSN: Rayrunzthis@hotmail.com

Or if you have TeamViewer I can give you my id and pass if you're willing to help.

When you unchecked them, did you click the "apply" button then okay? or did you just hit the "OK" button?

Slimory, I did that on other computers, IT RESETS the moment you close that window

Ah, the 2k games version of the game always tends to have trouble working properly with the mod.

Also, the read-only property is most likely not resetting. You are likely confusing 'ticked' with 'filled'. Ticked means the files are read only, filled means that some of them (likely hidden folders that you can't change the properties of) are read only.