Britain

Getting police to drive police cars

Hello.

I've added a police car to my GTA IV & it works great except it never spawns at the police stations, the policemen never use it & I can't select it when choosing a car in LCPDFR.

Does anybody have any idea how I can get it to work so that police can use it too?

Thank you in advance.

The only police cars which spawn normally in-game are Police and Police2.Have you replaced your car with something other than these? If yes,then good.Because modded cars are generally very high poly and in case you have a weak PC,your textures will start disappearing more than ever and taxis will spawn everywhere.So,its recommended to mod your slots other than police and police2 unless you have a very strong pc.You can use Simple Native Trainer to spawn your desired vehicle,however.What slot did you mod,BTW?

I installed the car as an additional police car. Police & Police2 still exist, I added a car that I named Police3.

Then you'll have to create new handling,cargrp,vehicles line,etc.YOU are then responsible for where it will spawn,how often will it spawn,etc. etc.Do it as you like.

I did new handling & cargrp. Not heard of vehicles line. So how do I get the police to use it?

Use Traffic Spawner. It spawns vehicles that will not normally drive around, like as in the added cop cars.

Just make sure you add the added cop car model name into cargrp.dat in the cop spawning group. So Traffic Spawner doesn't have problems spawning cops in them. If you don't add the car name to the cop spawning group, then it will spawn civillians in the vehicle instead.