DavidFortsch

Giving Youtube a serious go

Ages ago, I was posting Videos under my extremely old Youtube channel "jjfan4824", using out dated hardware and a cheap-o headset mic.. And now, I've upgraded severely and am giving Youtube a serious go for at least 2 months. Two videos a day, every day. I'm having so much fun but I'm still learning.. If you guys are interested, here are a few videos!

Keep in mind, I have a very foul mouth. If you do not like swearing, or do not condone; please be advised.

You're off to quite a good start.

I'm this guy: (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzYmdpvH01VzRDvPezlapuA)

You're doing well, you're using thumbnails, you've got a decent microphone, and you've got yourself quite the amount of uploads. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll grow. Social media is a big thing for YouTube, so make sure you're utilizing things like Twitter and Facebook. Also, although a frequent upload schedule is good, make sure you always know that quality goes before quantity, make sure your videos are attention catching and keep the viewer engaged.

Good luck.

Great channel, your channel intro gave me a great first impression. Very high quality and diverse content. You remind me a lot of DaMomsMom haha, similar and voice I guess lol. Looks like your channel is growing pretty well already too. Only suggestion, as TS said, would be to get a schedule. The most important thing about a channel is constant & reliable uploads. That's my biggest struggle w/youtube. Keep up the good work your channel has a lot of potential! 

Appreciate the response guys! I'm working on the whole 'schedule' thing, I suffer from insomnia and I'm trying to get on a 9-5 type schedule so that I can have time to do what I need to do, while 'working'. I'm getting better, it's 8:44 AM and I'm about to start recording so I can edit later today. Thank you both again!

EDIT to add:

Though, some people may be against how I'm doing it in regards to quality.. I agree whole heartedly, that's why I'm putting out the content the way it is. That way I can get reassurance that I made a mistake at X point (if someone calls it out), for instance, someone made a comment I was already concerned about; Low Audio. My Penumbra video I felt I was too loud, so I turned it down - then felt it may be suffering once uploaded. He commented and since then I've been working on adjusting my levels. I'm in the stage for feed back, where I upload something that I feel is good enough to see the public, but may still have flaws. I'm enjoying the bug type stuff that happens in LSPD:FR, that's the only reason I'm uploading these rough style LSPD:FR videos. I find them funny (after the fact).

EDIT to add: (again because I'm a clarifier)

I'm also using this time to force myself into a set schedule. Being that I make my own schedule, I tend to go "I can do it later", and procrastinate. Doing it this way with such a public deadline is forcing me to grow up and get my priorities straight, which I love :D!

Edited by DavidFortsch

10 hours ago, DavidFortsch said:

I'm also using this time to force myself into a set schedule. Being that I make my own schedule, I tend to go "I can do it later", and procrastinate. Doing it this way with such a public deadline is forcing me to grow up and get my priorities straight, which I love :D!

I'm gonna warn you once, Do not set a schedule man. It'll burn you out just like it does for most YouTubers, as long as you upload frequently.. You'll be fine. Schedules are not good idea's, as sometimes you just don't feel compelled to stick with it, and it ruins it all.

Also, I never said your videos were bad quality, Just saying remember to always focus on quality before quantity.

1 hour ago, TaylorSwift said:

I'm gonna warn you once, Do not set a schedule man. It'll burn you out just like it does for most YouTubers, as long as you upload frequently.. You'll be fine. Schedules are not good idea's, as sometimes you just don't feel compelled to stick with it, and it ruins it all.

Also, I never said your videos were bad quality, Just saying remember to always focus on quality before quantity.

Yeah, I didn't mean to insinuate that you called my videos bad, I was just mainly speaking out that as I discover my style and such it may be good/bad at times. As far as schedule goes, I need one or I won't do anything. I feel like this is something that I can do and if at any point I feel like it's too much, I can just change it, that's the beauty of doing it earlier rather than later. I really like the idea of 2-a-day and to each their own in regards to being 'burnt out'. It's just like an actual job, you are set 9-5 (or what ever hours) and you can't just "stop" because you're "burnt out". This is something I've always enjoyed doing and I'm just gaining more and more of a passion for it. 

Though, I do sometimes feel like 2-a-day is too much but I sit down and realize that I have the capability, the desire and the will power to do so, and if at any point I need to miss a day this early on, I won't have to worry. I want to be proud of the fact that I set a schedule and followed it - so far, I have. :)! I do appreciate all the feedback, don't take this as me dismissing what you say. I've still noted it down as reference and will think upon it.

So, I ended up changing my schedule despite what I said, lol. Instead of two a day until the channel takes off (if it ever does), I'll do Mon, Wed, and Fri. Did a special video today about The Joy of Creation, wanted a good scare and felt like putting it up sooner rather than later. Tehe.