Sign in to follow this  
GaryKiller15

Numerous Modding Questions For GTA IV

Hello, everyone and thanks for any help you may provide me. I am using my son's account to ask some (numerous) questions about modding GTA IV.

First off, I'm a 60 year-old gamer, Xbox 360 and PS2/3. Been gaming MANY years, but PC is new to me. My son is a big GTA freak and has seen many of the modding videos on YouTube. We are both blown away with what you can do in this game, but unfortunately neither one of us is very computer savvy. I use the computer for on-line business and selling through my Ebay account.

Ok. We have no problems with LCPDFR. Downloaded great, runs great! I am a person that needs SIMPLE instructions to do any other modding on GTA. I have read numerous posts, numerous articles, tried different things. I suppose all the posts and articles are great if you can understand how to do them.

First off, after downloading LCPDFR, do I need a seperate ASI loader to do any other mods or are all mods just done through LCPDFR? What about the GTA Patches? Do I need a "trainer", a PDF reader, a program to open RAR files? Any other suggestions to every thing I would need and how to use them would be greatly appreciated! I also don't understand how to "drag and drop", "copy" extract files, etc.

Like I have said, I have read numerous articles and posts and they get so confusing! So, if someone could put themselves in my shoes and please explain step by step (think of me as being completely computer illiterate) how to set GTA IV up for modding, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again, and sorry for the long text.

You've posted this in the wrong section, I've moved it to GTA IV > support for you.

Furthermore, you can find the answers by researching a bit, both on this site, and by Googeling.

Nice to meet you,Mr. GaryKiller15 and welcome to the site.We hope you enjoy your stay here.

LCPD:FR installs any ASI loader (any one of the existing two) at your will,during initial installation steps.Though,LCPD:FR is just a modification itself,so it would not be appropriate to say that it runs other mods.It just gives an ASI loader to your directory through which other mods (and the LCPD:FR itself)runs.

Patches,are,as usual to improve the gameplay and fix the bugs in game,officially released through the parent Developer company,in this case Rockstar North.As for running the mod,you need 1070 patch to run the latest 0.95 RC2R2 installation of LCPD:FR.

You might/might'nt need a trainer,necessarily.Trainer is just a simpler form of cheatcodes.Here,I'm assuming that you have a basic knowledge of games being a hardcore gamer and you know what cheats are.

Although,I'll recommend installing a PDF reader and strongly recommending installing WinRAR (a program to open rar files,exactly).

You'll find the guidelines regarding every mod upon opening the winrar archive of every mod,so try and read them as much as possible.

As for drag and drop and copy thingy,I hope you'll learn that only by playing around with things since every man understands those basics on their own.

The only solution to get yourself outta this trouble is just keep reading and trying.Its not that hard,believe me.Wishing you good luck.

Best,

Dhruv

Thanks for the info. As I said, I have read and tried alot of things. I'll just continue to do so. At first glance, everything looks pretty easy to do, but doing it right has been my problem. I'll just keep trying. Again, thanks for all the help/info........