ishbo12

MODELS NOT LOADING INGAME - ONLY GOT ONE WORKING

Hi

Recently I tried to install a car mod for gta and it wasn't changing in game, I managed to get one of them working but my other model isn't unfortunately. I am asking for anyone to jump on teamviewer or even provide some support (teamviewer preferred due to you being able to tell me what I'm doing wrong with a visual demo). Please pm me for my teamviewer info, also I AM using a mods folder.

This has been proof read

No GRAMMAR nazis.

(40 minutes is good for a response, a bump should really only be used once it's on the second page.)

What DLC folder are you putting the files in? What model are you trying to replace?

43 minutes ago, Starmix said:

(40 minutes is good for a response, a bump should really only be used once it's on the second page.)

What DLC folder are you putting the files in? What model are you trying to replace?

X64e.rpf - levels - gta5 - vehicles.rpf - police2 files

I have put the files into the mods folder AND into the games main folder that wasn't located in the mods folder, I personally think the game data is corrupt but I dont know how to reinstall it with the cdkeys version or how to make it reinstall. But it's certain cars not working, the same cars i tried to mod on the vanilla copy of the game!

Simply look up how to verify your game on retail version in Google.

Thats not the latest location for that vehicle, try placing it where the working car mod is.

25 minutes ago, Starmix said:

Simply look up how to verify your game on retail version in Google.

Thats not the latest location for that vehicle, try placing it where the working car mod is.

I have verified my original copy of the game before making another copy to mid on, also I replaced the police2 files and it still loads with the buffalo. Also I do not get what you mean when you say it's not the active location?

Appreciate the help so far

ishbo12

I use a mods folder

I put all my vehicles in the dlcpacks that contained the vehicle I wanted to replace and x64e, just to be sure. I also added them to patchday8ng (which didn't contain police and sheriff etc.) to be even mire sure. That all didn't help for me... Until I discovered that a custom dlcpack i downloaded overrode all other dlcpacks and x64e. That DLC was RDE. So had to replace textures in that dlcpack too. Patchday 2ng overrides patchday1ng and so on.

6 hours ago, Reyesinc said:

I use a mods folder

I put all my vehicles in the dlcpacks that contained the vehicle I wanted to replace and x64e, just to be sure. I also added them to patchday8ng (which didn't contain police and sheriff etc.) to be even mire sure. That all didn't help for me... Until I discovered that a custom dlcpack i downloaded overrode all other dlcpacks and x64e. That DLC was RDE. So had to replace textures in that dlcpack too. Patchday 2ng overrides patchday1ng and so on.

Before I copied the game to mod I made it verify its new data, then I copied it and put the x64e.rpf into the mods folder, as of custom folders I don't have any of these. But when I add it to my mods folder it's the same, I was also adding it to the games directory as you said just to be sure. Could you hop on teamviewer and browse my files? If it means getting a new copy of the game from the original then by all means I'm down

regards 

ish

2 hours ago, ishbo12 said:

Before I copied the game to mod I made it verify its new data, then I copied it and put the x64e.rpf into the mods folder, as of custom folders I don't have any of these. But when I add it to my mods folder it's the same, I was also adding it to the games directory as you said just to be sure. Could you hop on teamviewer and browse my files? If it means getting a new copy of the game from the original then by all means I'm down

regards 

ish

Just sent a picture of your dlcpacks.

20 minutes ago, Reyesinc said:

Just sent a picture of your dlcpacks.

Where is the dlcpacks file located?

EDIT: http://imgur.com/FY6snbv

My dlcpacks after a fresh un-modded reinstalled copy.

Edited by ishbo12

3 minutes ago, ishbo12 said:

Where is the dlcpacks file located?

EDIT: http://imgur.com/FY6snbv

My dlcpacks after a fresh un-modded reinstalled copy.

So try to put it in x64e and if the readme also say another dlc (like patchday3mg) put it in there too. If that doens't work, try installing it in patchday8ng.

25 minutes ago, Reyesinc said:

So try to put it in x64e and if the readme also say another dlc (like patchday3mg) put it in there too. If that doens't work, try installing it in patchday8ng.

Has patchday8ng got all the vehicle files on it? Also i will try this in 5 minutes and will get back to you

23 minutes ago, ishbo12 said:

Has patchday8ng got all the vehicle files on it? Also i will try this in 5 minutes and will get back to you

No, but it should override all your other dlc's. So it should load.

I prefer to put them in the latest non patch day folder since they actually have places to put data files. Makes it easier.
I also never put cars in x64e since by now, most cars have made it into the dlcs folder & you can just add them anyway.

Edited by Starmix

6 minutes ago, Starmix said:

I prefer to put them in the latest non patch day folder since they actually have places to put data files. Makes it easier.

I put all my added vehicles in mpchristmas2.

Edited by Reyesinc

3 minutes ago, Reyesinc said:

I put all my added vehicles in mpchristmas2.

And it worked? My x64e.rpf NEVER loads my modded files... Like NEVER.

Thats the point. The way it works is, cars that R* haven't touched since APRIL 2015 will work there, literally 95% of the vehicles wont work there.

1 minute ago, Starmix said:

Thats the point. The way it works is, cars that R* haven't touched since APRIL 2015 will work there, literally 95% of the vehicles wont work there.

But wait, if i add all my vehicles to patchday8ng, wont I need all the handling and stuff? Since its not going to be adding all the handling? Or will it automatically work?

1 minute ago, ishbo12 said:

But wait, if i add all my vehicles to patchday8ng, wont I need all the handling and stuff? Since its not going to be adding all the handling? Or will it automatically work?

You don't have to change handling.meta.

You should only change carvariations.meta and vehicles.meta when they ask for it.

3 minutes ago, Starmix said:

Some vehicles make you have to, read their readme..

5 minutes ago, Reyesinc said:

You don't have to change handling.meta.

You should only change carvariations.meta and vehicles.meta when they ask for it.

So they should work fine even if i don't add the custom handling lines?

3 minutes ago, ishbo12 said:

So they should work fine even if i don't add the custom handling lines?

I have never seen a police car with a custom handling line. But if it has one. It's not required, but it should be more realistic.

1 minute ago, Reyesinc said:

I have never seen a police car with a custom handling line. But if it has one. It's not required, but it should be more realistic.

So in simple terms, it should override the ones that are in x64e.rpf without fucking up?

1 minute ago, ishbo12 said:

So in simple terms, it should override the ones that are in x64e.rpf without fucking up?

The vehicle files? Yes and no. It can still fucj everything up, but if you do it right, nothing will be fucked up. Just be very careful and read the readme.

1 minute ago, Reyesinc said:

The vehicle files? Yes and no. It can still fucj everything up, but if you do it right, nothing will be fucked up. Just be very careful and read the readme.

But i just have to add them into patchday8ng and thats it? Without replacing anything?

2 minutes ago, ishbo12 said:

But i just have to add them into patchday8ng and thats it? Without replacing anything?

Yes