Manchu

Issues with using a controller

Hello all, I've been playing LSPDFR lately and getting into game modding. I've put in some police vehicles, weapon sounds, and visual mods. Today I dug out my Afterglow Wireless PS3 controller to play LSPDFR with. I've used it with other games and I know all of the buttons, etc. work. However, I began to play LSPDFR today with the controller and to my dismay, none of the plugins I had installed picked up the input. Even the wheel turn function of MoreControlV wouldn't work! All of the functions work normally with a keyboard, which is what really confused me. Could this be caused by having too many functions mapped to the controller, or something?

Just to clarify, all of the normal game functions work just fine with the controller, like scrolling menus in the pause menu or in the LSPDFR menus. All of the core LSPDFR functions work just fine; I can do traffic stops and get backup and stuff.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Manchu

Edit: I'm also using Windows 10, if that's any use.

Edited by Manchu

I don't think these mods support controllers, they just don't have enough buttons to only use the controller.

14 minutes ago, Starmix said:

I don't think these mods support controllers, they just don't have enough buttons to only use the controller.

How is Jeff Favignano able to use them with a controller then? I think he does but correct me if I'm wrong. It doesn't make much sense to include a .ini with controller binds only to not be able to use them.

12 minutes ago, Manchu said:

How is Jeff Favignano able to use them with a controller then? I think he does but correct me if I'm wrong. It doesn't make much sense to include a .ini with controller binds only to not be able to use them.

You can always go to his YouTube video and ask him..

57 minutes ago, Kal74 said:

You can always go to his YouTube video and ask him..

Very true. I will later and ask if he's uploaded a new video.

10 minutes ago, Manchu said:

Very true. I will later and ask if he's uploaded a new video.

Just to clarify, that wasn't meant to be a rude response to you by the way, just saying it's easier to go ask the person who is doing what you want to do and ask them.. Jeff is good about responding to questions.. 

2 hours ago, Kal74 said:

Just to clarify, that wasn't meant to be a rude response to you by the way, just saying it's easier to go ask the person who is doing what you want to do and ask them.. Jeff is good about responding to questions.. 

Yeah, I was just wondering if anyone else here has had the problem/found a fix as it's kind of aggravating me.