Thumper53

New car installation Help

Im trying to install the attached car but having alot of problems with it. When i install the car it is missing the wheels and the side panels of the car go around and around. The instructions are not very helpful so if someone can teamview with me as im not a kid or teenager and dont know alot about files so it would be nice to have someone show me how as instruction do no good for me.

2011_CVPI_LASD _ CVPI_V1.4OSS.rar

I understand you are new to this so welcome aboard bud here is a helpful tool to make you're life way easier I posted a link for ya at the bottom. Now there are many ways to do this you could use

open IV or spark IV which you will have to manually go to game contents and edit models - cd images - vehicles - then find vehicle you want to replace and just drag files there or you can just use this tool that makes everything much easier.

http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta4/tools/50777-vehicle-mod-installer-v1-5/

With vehicle mod installer You can select a folder with vehicle files to auto install vehicle mod or you could also  just upload win rar archive I like this tool a lot because if you happen to mess up you can select an option to restore vehicle back to its original state and it pretty much does everything for you :)

Thanks for the info and i have downloaded the installer but what im trying to figure out is what files to put where as the instructions are not clear at all. i need to be able to tell the installer where to put these file and what files i want moved but that is the problem?

Okay so lets say you downloaded a car pack you will have the files for police , police2 ,and ect

the file named police goes for the cruiser the one that says  police2 goes for the  patrol you may use it how ever you like lets say you wanna put the police2 as youre police cruiser that will also work lets say you wanna put police2 as youre noose cruiser and ect just when it comes to the big vehicles like polpatriot you wanna make sure you download a vehicle meant for that slot you know like a suv or truck w.e .... hope I helped explain a little better if you have a specific vehicle you downloaded and you don't know what to replace it with or as where it goes just let me know .

in this post i attached a car file please look at that file and tell me where you would put everything. maybe i didnt explain myself well as im not a kid... im a older guy who does not know allot about computers. I can install a regular car just fine but this car has got me messed up as when i install the regular car file only pieces of the car get installed. i can teamview or skype if you would like?

There are plently of tutorials on Youtube on how to install vehicles into GTA IV. If something is missing from the vehicle you installed, you're either not putting it in your files correctly or it's just the vehicle that's messing up. This could happen to low end pc users.