techiemike

Question About FIB Buffalo Mods (GTA V)

I'm new to car modding on GTA V, but I'm pretty familiar with it as I've modded a few cars with skins that I made. I'm using OpenIV to make the changes.

I've been trying to modify the FIB Buffalo (fbi.yft, etc.), and I can't get it to spawn with the correct colors. I created a skin and used a light blue and white color scheme, and that worked perfectly for the FIB Granger. However, when I created a skin for the FIB Buffalo, the colors just come out looking black and gray when it spawns.

I used a mapped default Granger and a mapped Buffalo S police car and then created the skins with the same colors and logos as the FIB Granger. Also, I have another white Buffalo S skin that works fine when replacing the LSPD Buffalo. 

I'm adding the files to \mods\Update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday8ng\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\vehicles.rpf

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

img1.png

img2.png

img3.png

Edited by techiemike

Try changing the color of the car to white with a trainer. If this works, then you need to change the color that the vehicle is able to spawn in by editing one of the code files - I'm not sure which file, so I have to let someone else answer in full.

Thanks for the quick response! I used NativeTrainer and was able to get it close to the right colors (except for the hood scoop) with the "paint random" option. So it looks like the next step is to edit code files. Is there a trainer out there that I can set colors without having to do it randomly? I can settle for that option until the code file gets figured out.

img4.png

You'll have to make a new carvariations.meta entry for it in one of the DLC packs that includes the file, so it spawns in colors that work with the new model and textures.

I tried to find the correct carvariations.meta entry for the fbi, but I can't locate it. Is there any reason why the Granger would work but not the Buffalo S? Normally, the Granger spawns as black only as well so it should be doing the same thing. I'm also going to remake the skin and try it with the non-S Buffalo and see if that works.

17 hours ago, techiemike said:

I tried to find the correct carvariations.meta entry for the fbi, but I can't locate it. Is there any reason why the Granger would work but not the Buffalo S? Normally, the Granger spawns as black only as well so it should be doing the same thing. I'm also going to remake the skin and try it with the non-S Buffalo and see if that works.

As I said, you have to create a new entry in a DLC pack that has the meta file; the original vehicle entries are in an encrypted ymt file.

I assume you still used the fbi2 slot for the Granger? I'm not entirely sure why it would work differently. Perhaps the color setup for that slot only has a primary color and doesn't apply an overlay color, or it could be something with the Sheriff2 model.

Or it could be that the Buffalo S model you used has issues that might need to be fixed. Really don't know.