FF559

nothing is working!!!!

this is my first time modding a Grand Theft Auto and I need very detailed instructions on how to install LSPDFR and Rage hook. I have the manual version of LSPDFR and rage hook RAGE Plugin Hook - Open Alpha - 0.36.877.6833 and ive already had 1 corruptions. I reinstalled the game and got another one stating it can not locate GTA exe. I have the game straight from Rockstar. I extracted them right into the gta 5 folder like it said and I still got nothing. someone please help. this is very stressful and have waited years to be able to actual play LSPDFR when it was on GTA San Andreas. please help. thanks

Hello there, I can fully understand your frustration and desire to play LSPDFR. As you can tell by experience, it is extremely easy to corrupt your game. Adding mods can sometimes be difficult for those new to it. There are a several videos on youtube that will walk you through step by step in installing RAGE and LSPDFR. I will try my best to instruct you; however, I would suggest watching those videos too. 

To start, there is a fancy tool that Rockstar provides to verify your game cache files. It basically scans your GTA files and fixes those that are corrupted. (Way faster than re-downloading the game... way faster..) If you have the Rockstar Warehouse version like you stated then open up command prompt and type: cd c:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V  , hit enter. This will bring you to your GTA V directory folder, then type GTAVLauncher.exe -verify in the command prompt and hit enter again. According to Rockstar's forums, this should start verifying the game files. There probably is an easier way to verify them, but I have the Steam version of GTA and it is a different process for Steam.

So once you have the vanilla version of Grand Theft Auto, you can begin. Navigate to your GTA V directory. If you didn't change it, and you have the Rockstar Warehouse version, navigate to C:\Programs Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V. The rest should be simple. First take the latest version of RAGE plugin hook. I would honestly suggest downloading a new copy of it. Even if it is the same version. After you extract it, just simply drag and drop all of the files into your directory. Make sure you merge every FOLDER it prompts and replace EVERY file it prompts you with. After that finishes, locate the RAGE.exe file and run it as an Administrator. (Also, you can right click the file and hit Send to > Desktop this will create a shortcut. Just to make it easier to launch) For every new version, RAGE will run through a checklist, make sure everything is green. Click through all the dialog boxes. Don't worry about the Settings box right now, just hit "Save and Launch" and just to make sure all necessary files get written correctly, let the game fully load up. Close the game and go back to the GTA V directory. Download LSPDFR 0.3 again (just to be sure everything is nice and fresh.) New to version 0.3 is the automatic installer, you can use it or download the files and install them yourself, completely up to you. Just make you you install everything correctly. Just extract the files and drag and drop them into the directory, merge all folders and replace all files if prompted. Or if you use to automatic installer, just run the EXE after extracting.

Now when you launch RAGE, you should see a little gearbox under the giant RAGE on your screen, or I believe you can just hold SHIFT. Either way, you need to enter the settings for RAGE. Go to the "Plugins" tab and you should see three options, click on "Load all plugins on startup" or choose "Load these plugins on startup" as you add plugins into your "Plugins" folder, you will see them here. You want to make sure LSPDFR is selected. (Otherwise it won't load :P) then hit save and launch. After the game loads, check the map and look for some police badges. Approach the door of any Police Station and hit "E" or the right button on the D pad of your controller if you use one. You can choose your character, division, loadout, gear, etc. then you will be able to choose a vehicle. You can install new vehicles found on the forums, but that is rather difficult to do and it's super easy to corrupt your game that way. So be warned. I can guide you through that if you'd like. It's not that hard but dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. 

One last thing since you are new to this. I am not sure if you will get banned if you try to join GTA Online with RAGE loaded. However, you will defiantly get banned if you try to join with like a nativetrainer, or custom cars installed. I would just suggest never joining GTA Online with RAGE running. Just launch the game normally and you should be fine. 

Hopefully this helps get you started. If you have any questions, I will do my best to help to try and help you. 

Best of luck,

Ryan

ok so I figured out that I was downloading it to the wrong fie. downloaded it to the correct file. worked fine. got all the way through rage hook install then. loaded fine but  no sound. and there was no option in the station to go on duty. un installed and re installed now its saying the game is corrupt and cant find GTA.exe.... wth did I do wrong? lol soooo stressed

"  'Program' is not recognized as in internal or external command, operable program or batch file" is the answer I got in the command prompt...... is there anyone in the Kentucky Indiana area that I can meet up with to fix this? or some that can visually show me or something?

10 hours ago, FF559 said:

"  'Program' is not recognized as in internal or external command, operable program or batch file" is the answer I got in the command prompt...... is there anyone in the Kentucky Indiana area that I can meet up with to fix this? or some that can visually show me or something?

@Ryan9295

Sounds like you have installing in a bad pathway.  Are you installing on a drive other than your C: Drive?  If so,  make sure your pathway is 100% completely correct.  That is why it can't find your GTA.exe