Jump to content
Macimillian1826

Compatible?

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am new here and I am really considering buying GTA V on for PC. However, I do not know if my laptop would be compatible. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Edited by Macimillian1826

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, iMPAC said:

it is easier to help you. ;)

It's pretty much impossible without specs. He/She could be running a £2000 gaming laptop or some £150 refurbished laptop from when ATI was around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Starmix said:

Are you gonna actually tell us what your laptop is? Or are we going to have to be magicians?

Its an HP Beats Audio edition. I am sorry, I really do not know much about computers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Macimillian1826 said:

Its an HP Beats Audio edition. I am sorry, I really do not know much about computers.

lol.. Still no specs huh?  Is it an I7 or i5?  Does it have a graphics card or is it an integrated card?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, greenman said:

lol.. Still no specs huh?  Is it an I7 or i5?  Does it have a graphics card or is it an integrated card?  

  • Memory: 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz (1 Open slot) │ Hard drive: 1TB 5400 RPM HDD │ Up to 4.75 hours battery life │ Operating system: Windows 8.1, 64-bit │ Media drive: Multi-format card reader
  • Optical drive: SuperMulti DVD burner (reads and writes CDs and DVDs) │ Video: AMD Radeon HD 8510G with shared graphics memory │ HP TrueVision HD webcam │ Dimensions: 15.14 x 10.24 x 0.99 inches

 

This probably won't help will it? hahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Macimillian1826 said:
  • Memory: 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz (1 Open slot) │ Hard drive: 1TB 5400 RPM HDD │ Up to 4.75 hours battery life │ Operating system: Windows 8.1, 64-bit │ Media drive: Multi-format card reader
  • Optical drive: SuperMulti DVD burner (reads and writes CDs and DVDs) │ Video: AMD Radeon HD 8510G with shared graphics memory │ HP TrueVision HD webcam │ Dimensions: 15.14 x 10.24 x 0.99 inches

 

This probably won't help will it? hahah

A shared graphics card will definitely have a hard time running the game WITH mods..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Macimillian1826 said:

Damn, so probably shouldn't even try it? Thanks.

Not saying not to try it..   DO THIS. 1, Look for a mod that helps u put the game on medium settings without too much texture loss and other things. 2, Only install whats needed as in the main download LSPDFR and maybe some other mods by ALBO1125. 3, Make sure your laptop is clear of any other installed games or back ground programs.    

I'm sure there are more things u could do but those are the obvious ones i would know about.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, greenman said:

Not saying not to try it..   DO THIS. 1, Look for a mod that helps u put the game on medium settings without too much texture loss and other things. 2, Only install whats needed as in the main download LSPDFR and maybe some other mods by ALBO1125. 3, Make sure your laptop is clear of any other installed games or back ground programs.    

I'm sure there are more things u could do but those are the obvious ones i would know about.    

Alright, thanks man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×