joejccva71

Has anyone been able to play this mod without crashing?

I mean the mod works great but it's just the random crashing that's an issue and I don't understand what it is.  I could play for 30 minutes or 3 hours before it crashes.  Completely random it seems.  The whole game isn't crashing, just the LSPDFR mod.  I don't have logs right now because I'm at work, but when I first loaded the mod and just installed Arrest Manager, Traffic Policer, and Police Radio, it would crash and it would be random.  Like I can play for a few hours sometimes or it could be 20 minutes.  I mean these are pretty popular mods so I'm not sure if this is happening to everyone or just a few people?

So I guess I have a few questions:

1.  Is there anyone out there that is running the latest version of LSPDFR with MINIMAL mods installed and experience crashing atleast once a day?

2. If you're running the game and the mod fine and can run for days without issues, what other mods along WITH LSPDFR are you running? (if you don't mind listing them please)

3. When the LSPDFR mod crashes, do we need to completely restart GTA 5 or can we just go to the console, type "ReloadAllPlugins" and let it load, then do a "Spacebar + F9" to reload the "onduty police officer" thing?

4. Do you crash 100% of the time when you bring suspects to jail yourself and put them in the cell?  This crashes me like every time I do it.

I know I don't have logs to present as of making this post, but I'm really just curious if other people are randomly crashing with minimal mods installed.

Thank you for the time guys.

Edit: I should also mention that I'm running the latest versions of RageHook, ScriptHook and ScriptHookDotNet.  I just started GTA 5 a few days ago or so and just found this incredible mod.  So everything I've downloaded is the latest and greatest.

Edited by joejccva71

There are a few LSPDFR random crashed I've seen. I can run it fine with most (if not all) LSPDFR API plugins (that are 0.3 compatible) perfectly fine.

11 minutes ago, Starmix said:

There are a few LSPDFR random crashed I've seen. I can run it fine with most (if not all) LSPDFR API plugins (that are 0.3 compatible) perfectly fine.

Do you run:

- Arrest Manager

- Traffic Policer

- Police Radio

Also, which callout plugins do you use?

Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Kal74 said:

Here is 2 screenshots from my LSPDFR.

The first shows what is in my Plugins Folder and the Second shows what is in my Plugins\LSPDFR Folder .Hope this helps you

http://imgur.com/a/cuvGi

Well there went my idea that it was my Callouts that were causing the issue.  I have the same Callouts you do, even a few less.  I don't have Wilderness and Crazy Callouts.  So I guess it's not my Callouts.  Also you run Police Radio as well so there went my idea that my crashing every time I took a prisoner to a jail cell was caused by that plugin.

Ugh.  And you have no crashes at all?

Looks like it's time for a complete uninstall and reinstall.  Thanks, this helps dearly. :)

16 minutes ago, joejccva71 said:

Ugh.  And you have no crashes at all?

Looks like it's time for a complete uninstall and reinstall.  Thanks, this helps dearly. :)

Nope I have rare crashes and that is mainly because of LSPDFRs 0.3 Arrest System or my own stupidity.. However, those cops in 0.2 were mellow, I liked them.. These cops in 0.3 are all on Meth, I have no doubt about it..:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear it's come to a reinstall..  It happens to a lot of people though.. Before you do any modding when you reinstall, make sure you make a backup copy so you won't have to go through the pain in the butt re-installation..

I have the same plugins as the OP. Mine rarely even load when I launch LSPDFR.

1 hour ago, Kal74 said:

Nope I have rare crashes and that is mainly because of LSPDFRs 0.3 Arrest System or my own stupidity.. However, those cops in 0.2 were mellow, I liked them.. These cops in 0.3 are all on Meth, I have no doubt about it..:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear it's come to a reinstall..  It happens to a lot of people though.. Before you do any modding when you reinstall, make sure you make a backup copy so you won't have to go through the pain in the butt re-installation..

Thanks I appreciate the help.  I copied my GTA 5 folder to my desktop when I first installed it from Steam.  I hope I can just delete the copy that's currently in the Steam folder and then just copy and paste the GTA 5 folder from my desktop.  Does that work well?

Also, one other question.  Do you normally just use a prisoner transport or do you take the suspects to jail cells yourself?  Just curious.

54 minutes ago, M3Stang said:

I have the same plugins as the OP. Mine rarely even load when I launch LSPDFR.

So the plugins are putting out errors when you run LSPDFR or it crashes?

Edited by joejccva71

Just an update:

I uninstalled and then copied my GTA 5 backup over to Steam, then started installing LSPDFR and plugins one by one and tested.  So far no freeze with these plugins installed:

• LSPDFR
  • Arrest Manager
  • Traffic Policer
  • Police Radio
  • Breathalyzer
  • Emergency Strobes
  • Foot Pursuit
  • Law Enforcement Jurisdiction
  • Ped Search + More items
  • Vehicle Search + More items
  • Spotlight
  • Speed Radar
  • Traffic Control

So far with the above plugins, no issues at all.  Not even a hitch.

Now....going to start installing Callouts one by one and testing.  Hopefully this will also help other people troubleshoot, etc.

Edited by joejccva71

Ugh I got too carried away last night with the plugins.  Started installing different ones and then started getting crashes agian.  Gonna redo it tonight but it's weird because the logs showed Arrest Manager errors and "unhandled exceptions" but it was only after I installed some other plugins after because Arrest Manager had worked great before.

I wonder if it was the EUP plugins that are causing these problems.  Maybe the More Control V plugin possibly.  I really need locked doors so I don't want to give up the More Control one.

Not sure what is going on, but I'm determined to figure out which plugin and/or combinations of plugins is causing issues.

Like I said things were great until I started installing EUP, ENB + SweetFX, and More Control.   I mean the Callouts were fine.

The callouts I installed were:

• Assorted Callouts
  • Arrest Warrant Callouts
  • Crazy Callouts
  • Federal Callouts
  • Agent Callouts
  • Code 3 Callouts

I'm almost positive I didn't have any issues when I installed these callouts.  I think it was EUP + ENB + SweetFX + More Control.

Going to reinstall tonight and test better and not be so hasty to just install everything.