Thekillergreece

Can I run it?

Hello! I am new to this community. I may buy GTA V for PC soon but I am asking you here for my new specs:

Intel Core i5 4460 3.2ghz 6MB Cache

Sapphire R7 240 2GB GDDR3

8GB RAM

So.. Can I run it? At which settings and screen resolutions? Waiting for response, thanks!

Uhhhh, nope. I played on that kind of card. Unless if your okay with 30fps minimum settings & 800x600 resolution, in which case, go ahead. 

7 hours ago, Starmix said:

Uhhhh, nope. I played on that kind of card. Unless if your okay with 30fps minimum settings & 800x600 resolution, in which case, go ahead. 

Somehow I see players on YouTube that they seemingly can run it with 30-40 FPS at good resolution such as, 1080 I am confused.

19 minutes ago, Starmix said:

You sure they were using the same GPU?

I am sure of that o.O, several youtube videos show R7 240 2GB DDR3 able to run the game even on high setting(1280x1020 resolution) with 30-40 fps. So I am wondering.

Like I said, its your choice. If you want to max it out, get a GTX 960 4GB.

5 minutes ago, Starmix said:

Like I said, its your choice. If you want to max it out, get a GTX 960 4GB.

I dont mind having the setting at lowest as possible, but I would mind having it at 800x600 like you mentioned, could I still get decent FPS having low settings but 1280x1020 resolution or something?

My specs are:

• CPU: AMD FX-4350 4.20Ghz 4X
  • Graphic Card: Sapphire R7 260X 2GB GDDR5
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3-2133 CL9 (Now I have 16GB but I have being playing GTA V with 8)
  • Mother Board: MSI 970 Gaming

I play in High settings in 1920x1080 and getting 35-45 fps normally and sometimes I can get more, so if that helps to you, having a R7 is not necesary a problem.

But yes, as Starmix told you, if you can, get a better graphic card, I will change it soon.

Edited by Mercuri

Like I said, GTX 960 4GB + Shader Cache off in NVIDIA Control Panel = Success.

8 hours ago, Mercuri said:

My specs are:

• CPU: AMD FX-4350 4.20Ghz 4X
  • Graphic Card: Sapphire R7 260X 2GB GDDR5
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3-2133 CL9 (Now I have 16GB but I have being playing GTA V with 8)
  • Mother Board: MSI 970 Gaming

I play in High settings in 1920x1080 and getting 35-45 fps normally and sometimes I can get more, so if that helps to you, having a R7 is not necesary a problem.

But yes, as Starmix told you, if you can, get a better graphic card, I will change it soon.

That sounds good but sadly I am on tight budget, therefore I can not upgrade to anything higher the time being.. On top of that with 1280x1020 or 1280x720 how much FPS would I get on low/medium if you got any idea? A YouTube video shown 1280x1028 medium setting mxaa and fxaa off with 40FPS stable so I am wondering! Waiting for your response, thanks.

note: I really do not mind having 30FPS at all.

Edited by Thekillergreece