Monarchco

LSPDFR crashed upon/during plugin load.

"

• Give a clear, detailed description of the problem.
  • Explain any circumstances surrounding the problem.
  • State what solutions you have tried.
  • Post the RAGEPluginHook.log in a spoiler tag.
  • Include as much information as possible.
  • Post your system specifications.
  • Post what other mods you are using.
  • Post a screenshot of your GTA V Game directory."

Game loads up, rage plugin loads up, everything goes fine, then it attempts to load LSPDFR, and immediately gives a crash error.
Try to reload with F4 in-game, same deal.
I have attempted running both rage plugin & GTA5 in an elevated state.

Other users seem to show that the log file is created in the GTA5 installation directory(same place the RAGEPlugin is...) This file is not there for me. I did not delete it, it's simply not there.

System specs:
Intel i7-4720-HQ
16GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 980M
Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3
Game is on a 1TB HDD, tried running it on an SSD, same result.
Windows 8.1
(This should be all that's relevant)

Other mods:
It's a fresh install of GTA5 through steam. Completely brand new.
No other mods. RagePlugin installed through the LSPDFR installer.

Spoiler

q3zOu5e.png

Posted with my Chromebook ~

Edited by Monarchco

Any ideas? I've made no progress with another completely fresh GTA5 install, then fresh LSPDFR install...

Did you try manipulating any of the rhp options? Checking the directx option worked for me for period of time before other issues ensued. 

After try 2, I moved the entire folder to a separate drive. The SSD its by default on doesn't have enough room to move files around.

Game runs fine, and RHP runs fine from everything I've seen. Its exclusively LSPDFR that's crashing. For granted I don't have any other plugins to compare it to

I've seen on the rhp site someone say that the folder MUST be named "Grand Theft Auto V" in order for things to work properly. 

The folder is named Grand Theft Auto V.

"GTA 5 Backup" is just the containing folder. it's not the game installation directory(as show). It's my equivalent of "common" for steam installations[Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe]

EDIT: To clarify, the installation I'm working with is: E:\GTA5 BACKUP\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe

Edited by Monarchco

8 minutes ago, Monarchco said:

The folder is named Grand Theft Auto V.

"GTA 5 Backup" is just the containing folder. it's not the game installation directory(as show). It's my equivalent of "common" for steam installations[Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V]

Is your modded folder sitting in the same directory path as your original? Most people who mod have 2 folders.. A Vanilla and a Modded Folder. 

For example, here is how mine currently looks when I play LSPDFR

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V  (This is my LSPDFR)

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V -original (This is my Vanilla for playing online)

Both are sitting in the same path, just different ending folder names. When I want to play online I just switch the 2 like this

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V -modded (This is my LSPDFR)

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V               (This is my Vanilla for playing online)

Edited by Kal74

I noticed there was a "reveal hidden comments" button a bit too late which revealed your installed path. When I had the issue you are having it created a log but only after I selected for rhp to do so which is in the rph config app. 

Just now, Kal74 said:

Is your modded folder sitting in the same directory path as your original? Most people who mod have 2 folders.. A Vanilla and a Modded Folder. 

For example, here is how mine currently looks when I play LSPDFR

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V  (This is my LSPDFR)

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V -original (This is my Vanilla for playing online)

Both are sitting in the same path, just different ending folder names. When I want to play online I just switch the 2 like this

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V -modded (This is my LSPDFR)

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V               (This is my Vanilla for playing online)

This is how most of my games are set up. However I am unable to do exactly this on this setup. Drive space doesn't allow it.

Vanilla Installation: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V

Spoiler

7h3EK8H.png

LSPDFR Install: E:\GTA5 BACKUP\Grand Theft Auto V

Spoiler

FAaFW7Y.png

2 separate drives.

Spoiler

z4927K3.png

I have attempted switching them and putting LSPDFR under: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V but it performs the same way.
That leads me to believe that this issue is not directory related, unless it for some irrational reason requires it be on the windows installation drive(C:)

no it doesn't require  drive(C:) .. However you appear to have the Steam Version of GTAV and both of the GTAV Folder modded and non-modded should stay together in the same Directory..

Have you tried it with both sitting in  D:\Steam\steamapps\common\  So you have them both sitting in the same directory path?

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V -original

How come you can't just free up some HD Space? and really looking at where you have your original installed.. You have more than enough space on other HDs to free up space on your D: Drive to put both folders together

I have a 1 TB HD and several externals, but I have like 600+ GB of free space on my C: Drive..

We can also back up here and I can ask you this.. Has it ever worked before with this setup? If you say yes, then I have no clue what else to tell you..

Edited by Kal74

Because LSPDFR is not my #1 priority... I'd like to make it work, but if that means moving those other games off that SSD onto a HDD, (D is an SSD. E is an HDD, & F is an SSD I leave dedicated to video editing and recording.

" Has it ever worked before with this setup? If you say yes, then I have no clue what else to tell you "
No.

And I don't know why you think it matters where the backup folder is. I already explained I already tried flipping them. Making the original directory the LSPDFR install, and making the GTA5 Backups folder(hence the original name) the backup directory. It has 0 effect where you put a backup folder. it does not need to be in the same folder as the original installdir.....

I find it frustrating to receive a suggestion that says an inactive/backup installation directory that I will move back to the original directory to go online, etc, is what is causing this.

6 hours ago, Monarchco said:

Because LSPDFR is not my #1 priority... I'd like to make it work, but if that means moving those other games off that SSD onto a HDD, (D is an SSD. E is an HDD, & F is an SSD I leave dedicated to video editing and recording.

" Has it ever worked before with this setup? If you say yes, then I have no clue what else to tell you "
No.

And I don't know why you think it matters where the backup folder is. I already explained I already tried flipping them. Making the original directory the LSPDFR install, and making the GTA5 Backups folder(hence the original name) the backup directory. It has 0 effect where you put a backup folder. it does not need to be in the same folder as the original installdir.....

I find it frustrating to receive a suggestion that says an inactive/backup installation directory that I will move back to the original directory to go online, etc, is what is causing this.

He's actually right. The GTA5 installation path is stored in the registry. What is happening is you're launching the game with RPH from E:\GTA5 BACKUP\Grand Theft Auto V, but when the game actually loads it looks for the path in the registry and loads that game folder (D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V). Since RPH doesn't exist in that folder, it isn't going to work. So you either need to do it the way he says and have both folders in the same root path (D:\Steam\steamapps\common), then rename one depending on which folder you want to play from, or edit the registry key.

Edited by Kilyin

I Wish I came across this thread earlier.  This was the issue I was having.  I did as Kal74 posted above, and now it loads up.

Now to play around before attempting other mods.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Kilyin said:

He's actually right. The GTA5 installation path is stored in the registry. What is happening is you're launching the game with RPH from E:\GTA5 BACKUP\Grand Theft Auto V, but when the game actually loads it looks for the path in the registry and loads that game folder (D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V). Since RPH doesn't exist in that folder, it isn't going to work. So you either need to do it the way he says and have both folders in the same root path (D:\Steam\steamapps\common), then rename one depending on which folder you want to play from, or edit the registry key.

As I have said before, I have switched them and the same problem continues. (Launching and running everything out of the steam default directory). 
I've tried LSPDFR in both places. No difference. 

Also, with your explanation, RPH wouldn't be loading. But it is. It's limited to lspdfr. The console and everything still works fully when I launch from the E drive directory. Everything happens exactly the same regardless of which installation I use on the 2 drives.

So for all intents and purposes, for the rest of this discussion, I am only using D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto 5(Which is the default registry destination)

5 minutes ago, Monarchco said:

As I have said before, I have switched them and the same problem continues. (Launching and running everything out of the steam default directory). 
I've tried LSPDFR in both places. No difference. 

Also, with your explanation, RPH wouldn't be loading. But it is. It's limited to lspdfr. The console and everything still works fully when I launch from the E drive directory. Everything happens exactly the same regardless of which installation I use on the 2 drives.

So for all intents and purposes, for the rest of this discussion, I am only using D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto 5(Which is the default registry destination)

I've seen about 100+ posts of people trying to launch RPH from a copied folder and it not working due to the reason I specified. If it works for you, your OS must be magical... anyway...

Okay so if RPH works, have you tried to type loadplugin "LSPD First Response.dll" in the console while ingame? Assuming it's not ticked to start automatically. If it then crashes, it should generate a RagePluginHook.log with the crash. If it doesn't generate a log (as in your screenshot) then it isn't really working. Without that log, we can't further troubleshoot the problem.

Edited by Kilyin

Sounds like you are trying, or doing something like I tried too.   This is what I did.

Your default install will be different then mine.

I installed to E:\games\fun\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V            This is where I played, and finished the game to much glee.

I then wanted to do this mod.  So, I created another folder just for it.  That didn't work for me.  What I did...  copied everything from the initial folder into   E:\games\fun\gta5\Grand Theft Auto V  (using file explorer)

Once that was done transferring....

I renamed the E:\games\fun\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V -orig  (using file explorer)

Then transferred the      \gta5\Grand Theft Auto V       into the     \Rockstar Games\      (using file explorer)

This left me two versions in:

E:\games\fun\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V    (this is my modded version where lspdfr and hook and plugins go)(registry is linked here)

E:\games\fun\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V -orig     (this still has my original files and saved games if I want to go online at a later time)

This started my headache.  Ran the the lspdfr auto installer.  It installed to E:\games\fun\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V folder...... but, instead of installing the files to where they were supposed to go, created a LSPDFR folder within the grand theft auto v folder.  From there, within the LSPDFR (new)folder it created, I had to copy and paste it to the main folder. (using file explorer) Once I did that, installed the rage pluggin to overwrite...  not that it over wrote much, same files.  Better safe then sorry.

I tested the copied version to see if it ran to loading screen, where it gave me option to go online or story mode etc.... (the new "E:\games\fun\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V" file.   It loaded, and I quit.

Ran the rage plug in from file explorer in the E:\games\fun\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V folder for first time. It did its set up, and tests.

I saved, and it attempted to load the game.  It logged me on to social, but hung me on the loading....     canceled out of that.  Waited a minute.

changed the rage hook .exe (from file explorer) to run as admin.  Ran it again, game booted up straight to story mode.. where it froze loading the mods for first time.  Alt tabbed out of that, and ran it again.  Loaded up fine the second time.

There are glitches, and I am testing them now with some mods I am adding.  Still trying to figure out the vehicle mods, but that is another bottle of Vodka away.