smoove7

Multiple Callouts work together?

I did look in the forum, but did not happen to see an answer.  I see that there are many callout mods, but can I download 3 or 4 of them and they will play nice with each other?  Or is it more of a trial and error type of thing?  I was thinking I will download one and play.  Then if there are no crashes, download another and so on.  Plus will these work with mod manager?

Some may work okay with each other, others may not. I just recently tested this myself. I'm using the Assorted Callouts plugin and Code 3 Callouts plugin. I haven't experienced any issues yet. It's trial and error, as you said. See what works, and see what doesn't. 

I've installed quite a few callout mods and never had an issue with them conflicting with each other that I know of. Since everyone is right in the middle of updating their stuff for 0.3, you may experience some bugs or crashes while they fine tune everything. But most callouts should work together with each other.

Honestly I have been modding for a long time, but I am new to LSPDFR.  I think the best thing is when you can play a game and you all the sudden ask yourself how long it has been since your game crashed.

From what I have seen with this community and watching the live stream on 1-16-16, these people really care about completing mods that are as bug free as possible. 

However with anything, code is a funny animal and all you need is one string of code to give you days of frustration.

Thank you everyone at LSPDFR for all the hours and nights you put in so I can come home and just relax and have fun.

Would there be any plugins or mods that the community would say do not work together, as in never install this and this because it will crash?

Edited by smoove7

I've seen a few mods here and there that say in the description that they're incompatible, but one of the amazing things about this community is their ability to work together. I remember way back before 0.2 was released, one of the major mods (Police Radio I think) was badly incompatible with another major mod. Instead of forcing users to choose, the two creators worked together and made their mods work with each other. So incompatibility doesn't happen terribly often, especially with popular mods.

Edited by CaptainX3