TAD18

Please help me, I get errors and LCPDFR won't start

Hello everyone, I get an error whenever I try to start GTA IV.

It says LCPDFR has encountered a critical error and has been shut down, I have tried everything, manual install, automatic install even a clean new GTA install but to no avail.

I keep getting this error:

[ERROR - 17:18:02] [AssemblyHelper] GetTypesInheritingFromTypeInAssembly: Inner exception: Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX.dll' or one of its dependencies.  is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)

I have all the necessary things installed on my computer, directx, visual c++, .net everything.

I Am on a Windows 10 64Bit system and don't know what is causing the problem, I do use XLive.dll because otherwise GTA IV won't even run on my system but yeah, I don't understand why I keep getting this error. I tried searching for the error on forums but whatever they say works for them, doesn't seem to be a solution to my problem.

please help me,

thanks in advance,

TAD18

Can someone please help me? it also doesn't work in compatibility mode. I litereally tried everything now and stiill I'm getting the SlimDX error, please someone help me.

These are some screenshots from my gta folder, the root folder, the scripts folder and the lcpdfr folder.

I hope you can help me.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hi,

I understand you're on Windows 10, could you please follow the instructions below:

Open your GTA IV Directory Folder > Find LaunchGTAIV.exe > Right click LaunchGTAIV.exe > Select Properties > Click the Tab " Compatibility " > Now depending on your previous operating system you can try " Windows XP (Service Pack 3) " then click apply and run the game. If that doesn't work select Windows 8, if available and then run the game.

Please tell me if this works.

I have the steam version, it doesn't give me the compatibility option. Is there another way to fix this for steam users?

Steam or not, you should still have the compatibility option in your GTA IV Directory Folder.

nope, it doesn't give me the option for the launcher only for the three other exe files, but they do nothing when I change them and if I change to XP mode on the other ones it gives me a seculauncher error on startup.

look I only have this with launcher:

new.jpg

I'm sorry, I'm at a loss here. Because I have the steam version and still have the option.

On 1/23/2016 at 0:07 PM, TAD18 said:

These are some screenshots from my gta folder, the root folder, the scripts folder and the lcpdfr folder.

I hope you can help me.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

this is so confusing me to because my GTA folder has so much more stuff in it :P how long has it been since you played LCPDFR? was it before or after Windows 10 update? i also use Windows 10 now but it actually made my game run better lol. Is GTA starting up and running fine without the police mod?

16 hours ago, jg45042 said:

this is so confusing me to because my GTA folder has so much more stuff in it :P how long has it been since you played LCPDFR? was it before or after Windows 10 update? i also use Windows 10 now but it actually made my game run better lol. Is GTA starting up and running fine without the police mod?

Wow now that you mention it, it kind of does look like he's missing something... I have a ton of stuff in my GTA IV Folder. @OP maybe it's a good idea to Re-install GTA IV and LCPDFR and do a fresh start since you've upgraded. Some files maybe got damaged or corrupted during the process?

14 minutes ago, Unit607 said:

Wow now that you mention it, it kind of does look like he's missing something... I have a ton of stuff in my GTA IV Folder. @OP maybe it's a good idea to Re-install GTA IV and LCPDFR and do a fresh start since you've upgraded. Some files maybe got damaged or corrupted during the process?

Yeah what I am thinking is disable virus protection until the download and install is complete. I dont even see the gta iv update in there anywhere 

It is a clean install, I installed it multiple times....... IT still isn't working and I diddn't update to Win10 it is a completely new system.

I'm going to try that too, but I don't think it is a virus protection issue,

I tried to copy the launcher from my win7 pc (where I DO get the compatibility tab) to my win10 pc to see if it was something install or app related but I just don't get the compatibility options, I think it is just some strange new safety feature Microsoft put into win10

Edited by TAD18

I have tried everything, But it still doesn't work.

But to make sure, it should be able to run on a win10 pc right?

It is just so incredibly strange that it doesn't work.......

Thanks for the help so far, hopefully someone knows a working solution to the problem.