Mythos

[0.3] Reverse after Traffic Stop

Hey guys,

after installing version 0.3 I've performed a traffic stop, cause that woman almost crashed into my car when she was turning.

So I've done the usual checks, etc. and fined her. After everything was done she reversed and then drove off.

But the changelog of 0.3 clearly says:

• Suspects no longer reverse after being released 

Does anyone else have that, or was it just an unlucky coincidence?

Regards,

Mythos

Edited by Mythos

I never witnessed this before. Can you verify it happens on multiple traffic stops?

Try to cause traffic stops in various places to get a good idea of what's happening such as next to junctions, corners, straight roads, car parks etc.
The more places you try the more we can understand what the AI is trying to do and thus why it may be reversing for you.

Same for me here. Ped reverses after Issued a Ticket and / or given a Warning . Happened on straight roads not near Corners. Another Problem is the massive agressive Police AI compared to 0.2b. If i am Lead in a Pursuit i likely get runned by the second and get spinned of.  

1 hour ago, Wiggl said:

Same for me here. Ped reverses after Issued a Ticket and / or given a Warning . Happened on straight roads not near Corners. Another Problem is the massive agressive Police AI compared to 0.2b. If i am Lead in a Pursuit i likely get runned by the second and get spinned of.  

Interesting, will see if I can reproduce this.

As for the driving AI, it's always been terribly aggressive in previous versions too. It will run you off the road if you're in the way because the police units in GTA V have stupid internal AI that controls their pursuit capability. The same thing allows them to have near perfect handling and thus allows them to catch up to suspects and pit the vehicle regardless of its size.
This isn't something we can change much AFAIK.