TrisBreezy

OpenIV 2.7 Not allowing .oac sound file replacement

As anyone who has tried to use OpenIV 2.7 to add .oac files to the game sounds archives knows, .oac is not supported by this OpenIV version 2.7. Does anyone know of a work-around for this, like a program or something I can use to change the file format of an .oac file to .awc format? I mistakenly deleted my vehicles.awc file from my GTA5 directory while trying to add new sounds, and now I have no car sounds at all because the sounds I wanna add are in .oac format.lol HELP!!!!

4 hours ago, TrisBreezy said:

As anyone who has tried to use OpenIV 2.7 to add .oac files to the game sounds archives knows, .oac is not supported by this OpenIV version 2.7. Does anyone know of a work-around for this, like a program or something I can use to change the file format of an .oac file to .awc format? I mistakenly deleted my vehicles.awc file from my GTA5 directory while trying to add new sounds, and now I have no car sounds at all because the sounds I wanna add are in .oac format.lol HELP!!!!

If you have Steam version of GTA V. Open Steam, go to Game Library, right click GTA V, click on Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This will replace all files back to vanilla, and will redownload any missing files. This will NOT mess with your LSPDFR files, or any scripts. Only files found in OpenIV (Audio/Visual), so any car mods will be replaced by the original models.

8 hours ago, Steele1925 said:

If you have Steam version of GTA V. Open Steam, go to Game Library, right click GTA V, click on Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This will replace all files back to vanilla, and will redownload any missing files. This will NOT mess with your LSPDFR files, or any scripts. Only files found in OpenIV (Audio/Visual), so any car mods will be replaced by the original models.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping there was another solution, but there doesn't seem to be one. My internet is slow as molasses so a steam vanilla replace will take up to 14 hrs.... Guess I better get started... >_<

Hi TrisBreezy, first of all sorry for my english, I'll try to do my best.

If you like to import a oac file with OpenIV 2.7 u still can. The only think is that the encrypt system was changed. To do it, first u need to export the vehicles.awc to openFormats (Right click above vehicles.awc - Export to openFormats (.aoc).

When you select a folder, it will decompress the vehicles.aoc and the folder with the sounds inside. You only need to overwrite your folder with the sounds, and import it like always. (The new vehicles.aoc will have the proper format and it'll allow you).

Now, if you don't have the vehicles.awc... then I don't know if you can decompress another one like movement.awc and change the name when is decompressed to vehicles.oac... I didn't try it.

Again, sorry for my english, if u need more info just tell me. 

1 hour ago, inguni said:

Hi TrisBreezy, first of all sorry for my english, I'll try to do my best.

If you like to import a oac file with OpenIV 2.7 u still can. The only think is that the encrypt system was changed. To do it, first u need to export the vehicles.awc to openFormats (Right click above vehicles.awc - Export to openFormats (.aoc).

When you select a folder, it will decompress the vehicles.aoc and the folder with the sounds inside. You only need to overwrite your folder with the sounds, and import it like always. (The new vehicles.aoc will have the proper format and it'll allow you).

Now, if you don't have the vehicles.awc... then I don't know if you can decompress another one like movement.awc and change the name when is decompressed to vehicles.oac... I didn't try it.

Again, sorry for my english, if u need more info just tell me. 

how do you overwrite the folder with the sounds?

24 minutes ago, rebelpolice said:

how do you overwrite the folder with the sounds?

Copy the folder "vehicles" (The folder, not just the files) with all the sounds (From where you have been downloaded the sounds) and then go to the folder that you have selected in the step of extracting from OpenIV and paste the folder.It will say that if u like to replace all the files (around 300 if I didn't remember wrong). Sorry if I expressed my self wrong, I think that if you search "Not supported format version, actual: "10" but expected "11"." on google, you will find an explanation with better translation than mine :P.

Or you can just go to this thread: 

They have the same issue and someone resolved it.

I'm really sorry for my english.

Edited by inguni

Not working for me fellas, thanks for your time though. I ended up just going back to vanilla and reinstalling my cars and visual upgrades. Hopefully, there will be a fix soon, cause I hate the original GTA5 sirens...