Fiskey111

Callout Cleanup upon pressing "X"

Hi all,

So I've gotten my spawns to be really great now (finally took the time to go through and fix them all), but one thing I've noticed is this:

If I force a callout and let's say a knife attack comes up.  It's set to spawn the two perps in before it's displayed so we know they're there waiting for me to press "y".  However, when I don't want it and I press "x" again (forcing a new callout to come up) the perps just stand there.  How do I fix this?  I have my callout cleanup as:

public override void End()
        {
            base.End();
            Game.DisplayNotification("~y~Dispatch~w~: ~g~Code 4~w~, good work officer!");
            myBlip.DisableRoute();
            if (myPed.Exists()) myPed.Dismiss();
            if (victim.Exists()) victim.Dismiss();
            if (myBlip.Exists()) myBlip.Delete();
        }

But I don't think that's called when I force a new callout.  How can I go about fixing this?

It's not a big deal as I don't foresee many people spamming "x" like I do to get one specific callout, so I'll survive if there is no workaround, but the perfectionist in me wants them to be dismissed!

Thanks!

Edited by fiskey111

There's a method that you can override called OnCalloutNotAccepted()   I'm guessing that'll be called. 

I tend to spawn my entities in only after the callout has been accepted for the sake of realism > I've come across random Road traffic collisions just because the callout appeared, but I had not accepted it. Slightly annoying imo, which is why I only spawn after acceptance. 

8 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

There's a method that you can override called OnCalloutNotAccepted()   I'm guessing that'll be called. 

I tend to spawn my entities in only after the callout has been accepted for the sake of realism > I've come across random Road traffic collisions just because the callout appeared, but I had not accepted it. Slightly annoying imo, which is why I only spawn after acceptance. 

Okay, I guess that's not a bad idea, I was always just afraid that they wouldn't spawn for some reason because of the location, but I've never seen a callout not appear because of that.  Thanks!

6 hours ago, fiskey111 said:

Okay, I guess that's not a bad idea, I was always just afraid that they wouldn't spawn for some reason because of the location, but I've never seen a callout not appear because of that.  Thanks!

No worries about that: you can still set the spawn point before displaying. You then only spawn the entities after acceptance.