Recently, I looked at Rockstar's forums and saw many children being banned for using mods online. In all honesty I got a little scared since I had LSPDFR installed at that time, but I didn't use it online. It says that Rockstar checks your game directory for any ".dll" files. So... does that mean that I am not permitted to have LSPDFR installed when I go online or can I leave it in there while play GTA O. 

I don't really want to uninstall and reinstall LSPDFR every time my fickle self wants to play LSPDFR rather than online. Can anyone confirm that I can safely go online without uninstalling LSPDFR? 

Yes, I've also heard of a mod manager, but that, in my opinion, just complicates things. 

It's best to not have mods in when you do you online, better safe then sorry. R* is not going to take any chance's not matter what the .dll could be.

I personally use two folders one for mods and one for online (also my vanilla backup). which I swap out depending on what I would like todo. As far as I've heard this is easier to do if you have the CD/retail copy of the game rather then the steam.

Edited by 0taku

If I only go on singleplayer with mods and not online (even though the feature is available) will I still get the ban? I still don't understand how the method of having two copies of GTA can work.