Quasar

Scripts running during regular game

Hi,

So I am experiencing what I think is an odd issue, and don't know if I need to change something or not.  I have LCPDFR 1.1 installed and all is working fine with it... I also have Abraxas police helper mod, and bravehearts policing mod installed. ELS 8.5 etc. 

I seem to be having Abraxas's mod and Bravehearts mod starting and running at game start and BEFORE I hit ALT + P to start LCPDFR.  Is this normal. I am starting from a new game, and something i have installed also seems to be preventing the arrows to start the game of bowling with Michelle in that first date mission. LCPDFR log has a few minor errors which might be my issue. I am attaching a copy below. 

Thanks, 

Tom 

Diagnostics_27.12.2015_14_0_18.log

Edited by Quasar

You should be fine. This is nothing to worry about.

These are supposed to load up on game start-up as these are scripts.

When modding GTA IV, it usually affects being able to play the story mode, due to script keybindings. If you have a vanilla backup, rename your GTAIV to GTAIV - Modded and change your vanilla backup to GTAIV. Then, you switch the names to select between modded or vanilla. 

Thanks chiefal,. This is what I suspected.  Turned out the bulk of my issue was in my save game file,  i really only redownloaded Gta IV to play LCPDFR. i wouldnt mind finding a story complete save game file, but havent found one yet that works without xliveless. 

My current LCPDFR manual install included DSound and im not sure if I can just swap the two out or not?

You can swap them out, however, using them together will cause an immediate crash upon loading in.

Just remove the dsound.dll and place in the x_live files and vice versa.

Worked perfectly ChiefAl,  I have one more question if you happen to know.  I have 3 VDh/Abraxas scripts installed. Police Helper, Coroner, and Tow truck.  I see I can request towing and coroner from the police helper toolbox. Do i need all 3 scripts or am I causing a conflict. I get lots of crashes whenever I try to call for Coroner or a tow truck.

All you need is Police Helper. Police Helper already has the Coroner and Tow Truck scripts in it. Having all three slows down computer performance while playing. Crashes are normal, this is GTA IV, you are gonna expect crashes.