Tracerec

Update Aftermath

Let me start by saying that I have been playing LSPDFR for about a month and this is the first game update I've had to deal with. My question is after a game update are all the changes I've put into the game such as  sirens, vehicles, plugins impacted by this update? I do use a mod folder as well. This is honestly the first game I've ever messed with and there has been a lot of learning for me. I have downloaded the latest RPH update that went live about an hour ago. Game is crashing at the load screen and if I had to guess I did something stupid. It did not show me a error number for me to reference. As of this post besides the game updating the RPH is the only other update I've done. If these are dumb questions I apologize as I am extremely new to this. Thank you for any answers or help the community can provide!

If you're using ScriptHookV make sure you update that as well. The only issue I'm running into at the moment is my weapon models and sounds for the weapons are gone. I tried putting them back but they don't show up. My cars, car sirens and everything else so far works fine..

Edited by Invictus

6 minutes ago, Invictus said:

If you're using ScriptHookV make sure you update that as well. The only issue I'm running into at the moment is my weapon models and sounds for the weapons are gone. I tried putting them back but they don't show up. My cars, car sirens and everything else so far works fine..

same here

4 minutes ago, Invictus said:

I have not used ScriptHookV. After checking it out it looks like I should. I'm thinking I may have to do a fresh install. Thank you though!

2 minutes ago, dannib0iii said:

same here

Made a post about it. Hopefully someone responds. I love my Glock.

16 minutes ago, Tracerec said:

Let me start by saying that I have been playing LSPDFR for about a month and this is the first game update I've had to deal with. My question is after a game update are all the changes I've put into the game such as  sirens, vehicles, plugins impacted by this update? I do use a mod folder as well. This is honestly the first game I've ever messed with and there has been a lot of learning for me. I have downloaded the latest RPH update that went live about an hour ago. Game is crashing at the load screen and if I had to guess I did something stupid. It did not show me a error number for me to reference. As of this post besides the game updating the RPH is the only other update I've done. If these are dumb questions I apologize as I am extremely new to this. Thank you for any answers or help the community can provide!

Allow me to help you. What I can tell you is the only files Rockstar patched are GTA5.exe, and update.rpf. They added some things to update\x64\dlcpacks but that is inconsequential. So basically, anything you 'modded' into update.rpf needs to be redone on the new fresh copy of that file. Everything else should be fine.

So what you need to do if using a mods folder is recopy the latest update.rpf to that folder and reapply all your mods, or if not you need to reapply the mods to update.rpf as it stands after the update. That should fix your crashes.

Edited by Kilyin

2 minutes ago, Kilyin said:

Allow me to help you. What I can tell you is the only files Rockstar patched are GTA5.exe, and update.rpf. They added some things to update\x64\dlcpacks but that is inconsequential. So basically, anything you 'modded' into update.rpf needs to be redone on the new fresh copy of that file. Everything else should be fine.

Kilyin, thank you! It seems that the game update corrupted my game or better chances I did something crazy. I'm going to start fresh and will update when I'm back on patrol. Thank you all!

3 minutes ago, Tracerec said:

Kilyin, thank you! It seems that the game update corrupted my game or better chances I did something crazy. I'm going to start fresh and will update when I'm back on patrol. Thank you all!

I doubt that your game is corrupted, and I edited my post to reflect what you need to do. Don't reinstall 60gb of shit for nothing. Try what I said, and see if that works. :p

1 hour ago, Kilyin said:

I doubt that your game is corrupted, and I edited my post to reflect what you need to do. Don't reinstall 60gb of shit for nothing. Try what I said, and see if that works. :p

Kilyin...you rock. Thanks again!