gamepro552

A.I. Police Officers Randomly Shooting Civilians

Hey guys, I have noticed a glitch or bug or something happening in LSPDFR, when the AI come to pickup a suspect, or show up on scene, they will sometimes just start shooting the closest civilian. It is really game breaking to me and completely destroys any scenes that I may have. They also really like to start shooting the tow truck driver or the coroners. Any ideas?

This does happen,  sometimes if they Coroners or tow truck drivers come in fast and hard, they will run over vehicles and officers causing them to retaliate and see them as a threat. 

Try this,  I know it takes a tiny bit away from your immersion but I have done a lot of YouTube videos (check them out if you want - YouTube channel is in my Signature)  This is what I do.  When I know there is a lot of traffic around and I know for a fact that the tow truck / Coroner will more than likely cause a problem, go ahead and use the mod Traffic control and block off the entire scene until you handle things, then release Ctrl H.  You can also mess with Traffic Control ini.  At the very bottom you can change that to a "1" that does work sometimes to allow emergency vehicles to pass through barrier.  It doesn't work all the time though, but it may work well enough for  you to play anyways.

14 hours ago, OfficerBenzo said:

This does happen,  sometimes if they Coroners or tow truck drivers come in fast and hard, they will run over vehicles and officers causing them to retaliate and see them as a threat. 

Try this,  I know it takes a tiny bit away from your immersion but I have done a lot of YouTube videos (check them out if you want - YouTube channel is in my Signature)  This is what I do.  When I know there is a lot of traffic around and I know for a fact that the tow truck / Coroner will more than likely cause a problem, go ahead and use the mod Traffic control and block off the entire scene until you handle things, then release Ctrl H.  You can also mess with Traffic Control ini.  At the very bottom you can change that to a "1" that does work sometimes to allow emergency vehicles to pass through barrier.  It doesn't work all the time though, but it may work well enough for  you to play anyways.

Thanks for the suggestion, I use Traffic Control already and it hasn't made a difference. I originally figured that the people in the area would run over an officer or something, but I have watched them, I would stop traffic with Traffic Control, and then when the A.I. officers show up to pickup the criminal, the first thing they would do is start shooting the nearest car. I don't think it really matters if they are wanted or not. Traffic could be at a complete stand still, and a  few officers would decide to just start unloading on a random vehicle.

11 hours ago, gamepro552 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I use Traffic Control already and it hasn't made a difference. I originally figured that the people in the area would run over an officer or something, but I have watched them, I would stop traffic with Traffic Control, and then when the A.I. officers show up to pickup the criminal, the first thing they would do is start shooting the nearest car. I don't think it really matters if they are wanted or not. Traffic could be at a complete stand still, and a  few officers would decide to just start unloading on a random vehicle.

Ya hopefully this will get fixed in 0.3  soon