FYI: FBI and Swat Patrolling With Correct Vehicles.

Nutt

Ok Guys and Gals, here is a nice update for you law enforcement enthusiast. This update will put the correct officers in the correct squad cars during patrol. As of now, this update is for the FBI and Swat characters patrolling the city in the correct vehicles.

Please follow the directions below.

1a. First install this previous mod located at this link:

1b. Within step 1a, instead of using Noose and PolPatriot, use FBI and PStockade. Then again, you can use them all - like me. Just remember to remove FBI and PStockade from the # POPCYCLE_GROUP_COPS group and add them to other groups such as # POPCYCLE_GROUP_HARLEM, # POPCYCLE_GROUP_BRONX, # POPCYCLE_GROUP_JERSEY and so on.

2a. Now add FBI and PSTOCKADE to the TrafficFlow.ini file .... don't close it quite yet!!! ;)

2b. Add M_M_FBI and M_Y_SWAT to TrafficFlow.ini file also! Yes this works... trust me. :)

Your TrafficFlow.ini file should look similar to this.

Model1 = NOOSE

Model2 = POLPATRIOT

Model3 = FBI

Model4 = PSTOCKADE

Model5 = M_M_FBI

Model6 = M_Y_SWAT

Model7 = HUNTLEY

Model8 = TAXI

Model9 = MOONBEAM

Model10 = DILETTANTE

Model11 = FEROCI

Model12 = PONY

Model13 = SPEEDO

Model14 = CABBY

Model15 = Benson

Model16 = BLISTA

Model17 = STRATUM

Model18 = BUS

Model19 = SANCHEZ

Model20 = E109

3a. Next go into C:Program Files (x86)Rockstar GamesGrand Theft Auto IVcommondata and edit the pedgrp.dat file. Scroll down until you find this line # POPCYCLE_GROUP_COPS (M_Y_Cop_Traffic removed. Was the one in NJ)

3b. Now add M_Y_SWAT and M_M_FBI under that group.

Your pedgrp.dat line should look similar to this.

# POPCYCLE_GROUP_COPS (M_Y_Cop_Traffic removed. Was the one in NJ)

M_Y_Cop, M_M_Fatcop_01

M_M_FBI

M_Y_STROOPER

M_Y_SWAT

4. Lastly, check the FBI and PSTOCKADE Anims2 setting within the vehicle.ide file.

* FBI Anims2 should be: VEH@STD_LO4_LO4,

* PSTOCKADE Anim2 should be: VEH@TRUCK_LO1_LO1

Suggestion: I suggest you use one of these models for the PSTOCKADE - if you're using the default game model: http://gtapolicemods...?do=file&id=819 or http://gtapolicemods...?do=file&id=537

PSTOCKADE vehicle.ide

pstockade, pstockade, car, STOCKADE, POLPAT, VEH@VAN, VEH@TRUCK_LO1_LO1 100, 999, 0.2786, 0.2786, 0, 4, 1.5 ,1, truckfirefx+ext_strong+livery

FYI: My next task is getting the proper officers into the Noose and PolPatriot vehicles.

Edited by Nutt

I have a request!

For G6 guards to drive G6 trucks!

Ok.

Pictures showing the mod in full swing... FBI and Swat would have handed me my a$$ if the not-wanted cheat was on. lol

http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/cstegall1/GTA%204%20Mods/

Ok Guys and Gals, here is a nice update for you law enforcement enthusiast. This update will put the correct officers in the correct squad cars during patrol. As of now, this update is for the FBI and Swat characters patrolling the city in the correct vehicles. Please follow the directions below. 1a. First install this previous mod located at this link: 1b. Within step 1a, instead of using Noose and PolPatriot, use FBI and PStockade. Then again, you can use them all - like me. Just remember to remove FBI and PStockade from the # POPCYCLE_GROUP_COPS group and add them to other groups such as # POPCYCLE_GROUP_HARLEM, # POPCYCLE_GROUP_BRONX, # POPCYCLE_GROUP_JERSEY and so on. 2a. Now add FBI and PSTOCKADE to the TrafficFlow.ini file .... don't close it quite yet!!! ;) 2b. Add M_M_FBI and M_Y_SWAT to TrafficFlow.ini file also! Yes this works... trust me. :) Your TrafficFlow.ini file should look similar to this. 3a. Next go into C:Program Files (x86)Rockstar GamesGrand Theft Auto IVcommondata and edit the pedgrp.dat file. Scroll down until you find this line # POPCYCLE_GROUP_COPS (M_Y_Cop_Traffic removed. Was the one in NJ) 3b. Now add M_Y_SWAT and M_M_FBI under that group. Your pedgrp.dat line should look similar to this. 4. Lastly, check the FBI and PSTOCKADE Anims2 setting within the vehicle.ide file. * FBI Anims2 should be: VEH@STD_LO4_LO4, * PSTOCKADE Anim2 should be: VEH@TRUCK_LO1_LO1 Suggestion: I suggest you use one of these models for the PSTOCKADE - if you're using the default game model: http://gtapolicemods...?do=file&id=819 or http://gtapolicemods...?do=file&id=537 PSTOCKADE vehicle.ide FYI: My next task is getting the proper officers into the Noose and PolPatriot vehicles.

+1

But this method does not work for Noose and Polpatriot,right? I mean,the civvies will keep spawning in 'em.

+1

But this method does not work for Noose and Polpatriot,right? I mean,the civvies will keep spawning in 'em.

It will work soon... trust me. I will have the correct officers for Noose and PolPatriot soon... as of now, they still have the regular donut eating officers patrolling in them. lol

P.S. - You should have normal officers driving Noose and PolPatriot for the time being - not civilians. Check your settings...

Edited by Nutt

It will work soon... trust me. I will have the correct officers for Noose and PolPatriot soon... as of now, they still have the regular donut eating officers patrolling in them. lol

P.S. - You should have normal officers driving Noose and PolPatriot for the time being - not civilians. Check your settings...

LOL! I think you should get along with Sam to redesign a better version of Traffic Flow.And I'd love to see the jurisdiction mod,mate.Thanks for sharing this great idea.

P.S.-Normal civvies are driving 'em,man.WTF?

Erm...and Nutt,shouldn't you be writing NStockade instead of PStockade in your original post?

Edited by Dhruv

That's probably because noose and polpatriot are designed for the NOOSE Patriotism and Immigration Authority (whose officers are suspiciously like LCPD officers). Also: great find!

LOL! I think you should get along with Sam to redesign a better version of Traffic Flow.And I'd love to see the jurisdiction mod,mate.Thanks for sharing this great idea.

P.S.-Normal civvies are driving 'em,man.WTF?

Erm...and Nutt,shouldn't you be writing NStockade instead of PStockade in your original post?

Nope. Not at the moment anyhow.... PStockade is correct.

So if any of you are wondering;

Edited by Nutt

But first,tell me why civvies are spawning Noose and Polpatriot.And when are you gonna work on this issue?

That

Edited by Nutt

No, the game spawns cops in my case too. What group(s) did you add them to? When I added them to Taxi, they spawned with cabbies (it was actually pretty funny seeing cabbies driving a SWAT truck :happy:). When I added them to "geographic" spawn groups, they had cops.

No, the game spawns cops in my case too. What group(s) did you add them to? When I added them to Taxi, they spawned with cabbies (it was actually pretty funny seeing cabbies driving a SWAT truck :happy:). When I added them to "geographic" spawn groups, they had cops.

Umm...Like Nutt said,I assigned them to the "Bohemian/Rich/Trendy" groups... :confused:

???

What the fcuk I did was,I edited cargrp.dat and...Let me do it all over again.I'll report back.

Thanks,everyone.

EDIT- Okay,I did it from scratch all over again and I got NOoSE with donut munching officers in it.That means more realism. :biggrin:

But if we want the same with FBI & SWAT,we have to do all the steps after 2a. as an additional task,right mates?

Edited by Dhruv

???

What the fcuk I did was,I edited cargrp.dat and...Let me do it all over again.I'll report back.

Thanks,everyone.

EDIT- Okay,I did it from scratch all over again and I got NOoSE with donut munching officers in it.That means more realism. :biggrin:

But if we want the same with FBI & SWAT,we have to do all the steps after 2a. as an additional task,right mates?

:thumbsup:

You can add FBI and Swat together or separately within the regional popcycles as you did with Noose. Also remember to remove them from # POPCYCLE_GROUP_COPS!

Edited by Nutt

No,I mean why do we have to do the steps you've wrote after Step 2B.? For correct officer spawning?

There's just one glitch- Wherever NOoSE is bound to spawn,they can be seen parked around as well.Dunno if I'm meant to take this as a plus point.Because normal copcars always are parked in their precincts.

No,I mean why do we have to do the steps you've wrote after Step 2B.? For correct officer spawning?

There's just one glitch- Wherever NOoSE is bound to spawn,they can be seen parked around as well.Dunno if I'm meant to take this as a plus point.Because normal copcars always are parked in their precincts.

Those final steps allow the FBI Buffalo and Police Stockade vehicles too be driven by the correct law enforcement officers (FBI and Swat).

As for the parked law enforcement vehicles around the city - that's normal. Actually, I enjoy that fact more than anything... knowing that the Police are doing their duty of policing the community. Sometimes, you will see officers stand by their patrol units, keeping watch on the public or arresting someone - which is cool in my book. However it's a personal choice on how you view things...

Edited by Nutt

As for the parked law enforcement vehicles around the city - that's normal. Actually, I enjoy that fact more than anything... knowing that the Police are doing their duty of policing the community. Sometimes, you will see officers stand by their patrol units, keeping watch on the public or arresting someone - which is cool in my book. However it's a personal choice on how you view things...

Yeah,right.Thanks for everything,mate.You're a genius!

Just one last thing- Can I do this for Police3 and Police4 as well? And don't you think there is a load of police cars now? Do I have to just spawn them one in each popcycle?