LCPD_OFFICER

.obj export adds extra edges?

Hi LCPDFR,

So i'm converting a vehicle from sketchup (you heard right sketchup).

But i'm having a problem, everytime i export the model to .obj it adds extra edges to the model?, when i import it as .skp to max the edges are ok but when i import the obj that i exported it adds the extra edges. 

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks!,

LCPD_OFFICER

Sketchup vehicles are usually high poly...just saying....

Try exporting as 3ds. Or you can try to erase the edges in polygon mode (that's what I do when it happens to me).

This sketchup model is lowpoly 

Can't export to 3ds, the model loses it's smoothing groups. I have removed some edges in polygon mode but i was just wondering if there is a easier way. I want the topology to look good, that's why i want to remove the extra edges. I want it to look like it was before i exported it :D

Try exporting as 3ds. Or you can try to erase the edges in polygon mode (that's what I do when it happens to me).

really? the ones i've seen are the literal exact opposite.. low poly and Extremely Low quality 

as to answering the OP you're gonna need to just delete the extra's its gonna be tedious but if you want it work you gotta work lol 

28e28d75ee.png

HAVE A QUESTION OR A REQUEST? MESSAGE ME I'M HAPPY TO HELP

really? the ones i've seen are the literal exact opposite.. low poly and Extremely Low quality 

as to answering the OP you're gonna need to just delete the extra's its gonna be tedious but if you want it work you gotta work lol 

Ok, just thought that it was possible to export it without extra edges. 

I'm used to converting from sketchup, but i hate when it adds extra edges (it only does it on certain models and not others) xD

Interesting. I know that there are a few high poly ones, but most that I encounter have been mid to low poly.