dennis20014

Crash, trying to narrow it down

Hello,

I've spent the past few days trying to get my game to work great, and I'm thinking I'm the home stretch.

1.) Yes I have a legit copy of GTAIV, bought from Steam

2.) I have installed all the essentials etc., the game will run with the mods I have installed.

3.) I have set the necessary exe's to run as admin

Here are my logs, if someone could give me some insight? I think I managed to narrow the problem down to policehelpers world events? I turned them off, but I will say I still get random crashes sometimes, and some I have looked to see and found they are known.

Sorry if I posted unnecessary logs, I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I see many have the same (and more) mods installed and seem stable so I'm confused.

I have currently : 

LCPDFR 1.0b

ELS V8

PoliceHelper

Tow Truck Mod

I have ONE car modded, in the police patriot slot. (It's the California highway patrol ford explorer on the site)

Thanks in advance and if you need more info let me know.

Hi,

You get the following error:

GTA.NonExistingObjectException: Invalid call to an object that doesn't exist anymore!

That can be fixed by putting the line "PreloadAllModels = True" underneath [Main] in the LCPDFR.ini file.

The other error you get (System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'freval_193' to type 'freval_90'.) is known and is being looked into.

You also say you only use 1 modded vehicle, is this ELS enabled?

I see this line in your logs "ELS) Files - Vehicle information retrieved. Detected [7] ELS-enabled models."

That line means it's loading the config file and 7 EMS vehicles have been read as ELS enabled. If you are use the default vehicles it would be recommended to turn of the ELS settings for those vehicles for stability sake.

Thank you for the reply!

I had that line already put there in the LCPDFR ini file, under main like stated. But I deleted it, and copied and pasted (without quotes) so we'll try it again.

Good to know on the second error.

I am only using one, I replaced the patriot, like I said earlier. It is ELS v8 enabled (the version I'm using). 

I see why it shows that I'm using 7 though, as I had put ini files for a 7 vehicle pack in my ELS folder (I'm guessing that's why it showed I was using 7?) 

I'll remove those and if it crashes again, will report back ( aside from the second error that is known, since I know what to look for now).

I will say that I played some more last night, and after turning off all events on the policehelper mod, it was much more stable and didn't crash. I just have to remember not to order people out of cars. That always crashes for me.

Thanks again :)

Yeah, policehelper world events are quite unstable with LCPDFR 1.0b. Nothing can be done about that other then to disable them.

The ordering people out of cars crash should be fixed in the 1.0b version, be sure you only have 1.0b installed and not any other version (1.0b has all the latest patch files included in the download so you don't need 1.0 then 1.0a to have 1.0b).

Glad I could help. Let me know if you have any further issues :)

Hmm, I've replicated the crash a few times, but I suppose it could be a coincdence. Maybe something I have done before. I'll run a few more tests right now to be sure.

I'm using 1.0b, through automatic installer. I will try manual install to see if the problem goes away, and then report back my findings for any who may be having problems.

So I indeed did crash again. It was after about 20-30 minutes of play time, I was having quite a bit of fun and just randomly driving around my game crashed.

Here are the logs, I'm beginning to think that it's just GTA IV crashing x_x and not a cause of the mod lol

If it continues to crash like it has, I'm thinking about just doing a full reinstall of the game, and doing one mod at a time. I refuse to accept I can't get it working when I see hours upon hours of footage on youtube of people playing fine xD

Edited by dennis20014

Okay, sorry for the triple post, but I figured out my problem and now get to enjoy the mod :)

ELS v8 was the culprit after all, so I just downgraded to v7 for now. Found some cars that I am happy with, and I can use all the other great mods now too like policehelper etc.

You can close this topic :)

Okay, sorry for the triple post, but I figured out my problem and now get to enjoy the mod :)

ELS v8 was the culprit after all, so I just downgraded to v7 for now. Found some cars that I am happy with, and I can use all the other great mods now too like policehelper etc.

You can close this topic :)

I'm glad you've managed to solve the issue, mark the post "solved" whichever one you see fit as the best answer for the problem and it will be tagged as "answered" on the forum :)

Enjoy :)

Edited by LukeD