Sign in to follow this  
Renaissance0321

Backup stops coming/Game freezes

Hello,

I am using LCPDFR with GTA IV steam version. The mod seems to install and play ok at first. I can go to a couple calls and maybe request backup and make an arrest or two but then backup stops coming. During pursuits nobody else joins, even when we blow right by another patrol car they just ignore us. If I request backup or noose nobody comes. Sometimes I might see a blue blip on the map but it just vanishes. Then after a bit longer the whole game just freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-delete out of it.

I've tried to get the log but it keeps saying diagnostic tool failed and must close.

-I've tried re-installing the mod multiple times (using automatic installer).

-I've tried repairing the GTA IV files through steam.

-I've tried restarting.

-I have c++ and net framework.

-All drivers are up to date.

I'm currently using LCPDFR with ELS v7 and one car mod so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

P.S. Is there anyway to stop random ambient events completely? Every two second something is happening around me which I think is pretty unrealistic. Also is there a way to make ambulences/fire trucks not crash through everybody making a bigger scene???

Hello,

I am using LCPDFR with GTA IV steam version. The mod seems to install and play ok at first. I can go to a couple calls and maybe request backup and make an arrest or two but then backup stops coming. During pursuits nobody else joins, even when we blow right by another patrol car they just ignore us. If I request backup or noose nobody comes. Sometimes I might see a blue blip on the map but it just vanishes. Then after a bit longer the whole game just freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-delete out of it.

I've tried to get the log but it keeps saying diagnostic tool failed and must close.

-I've tried re-installing the mod multiple times (using automatic installer).

-I've tried repairing the GTA IV files through steam.

-I've tried restarting.

-I have c++ and net framework.

-All drivers are up to date.

I'm currently using LCPDFR with ELS v7 and one car mod so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

P.S. Is there anyway to stop random ambient events completely? Every two second something is happening around me which I think is pretty unrealistic. Also is there a way to make ambulences/fire trucks not crash through everybody making a bigger scene???

Hi there,

To get your logs, go into the GTA IV directory (in steam this is Program Files > steam > steamapps > common > grand theft auto iv > GTAIV >)

The logs we need are LCPDFR.log, AdvancedHook.log and ScriptHookDotNet.log. Feel free to post any other logs you have if you feel like they would help :),

As for disabling random events, you can adjust them by changing these values in the LCPDFR.ini file:

Decreasing the values will result in less ambient scenarios, increasing them will result in more.

[Main]

AmbientScenariosMaximum=2
AmbientScenariosMultiplier=250