ECGaming

ELS V8 Crashing gta4Browser!

So just like everyone else I download ELS V8 read all the documents that came with it and installed like it said. However I have ran into a problem, It is crashing my gta4Browser.. I have tried reinstalling still have the same issue. I run my game as administrator so that's not the issue. 

Edited by GTAGamerHD

1) Make sure you run the game as admin using "LaunchGTAIV"
2) Reinstall ELS v8 including ALL .dll files that came with the mod.

My game would crash instantly until i did step 2.

1) Make sure you run the game as admin using "LaunchGTAIV"

2) Reinstall ELS v8 including ALL .dll files that came with the mod.

My game would crash instantly until i did step 2.

Still getting the same error code (Picture below) never have gotten an error before like that.  

I have 6GB of Ram 

Make sure that your GTA IV / EFLC folder is not set to "Read-only" and that you own the folder. 

MODERATOR NOTICE
Moving to GTA IV Support Requests as Suggestions & Requests is for help with creating mods, or requesting a mod. Please make sure to post in the right section in the future.

Make sure that your GTA IV / EFLC folder is not set to "Read-only" and that you own the folder. 

MODERATOR NOTICE

Moving to GTA IV Support Requests as Suggestions & Requests is for help with creating mods, or requesting a mod. Please make sure to post in the right section in the future.

I keep changing it off "readonly" and I click "apply and ok" and it goes right back to being check with a blue square! 

Can you turn it off? Drag that slider all the way to the bottom. 

I dragged it all the way down.. Changed it off read-only and it still goes back to the blue square 

Ah I see. Hm that is weird. I was looking at some other topic and doing this should have solved the issue. 

I will give it one more try and see how it goes! 

Ah I see. Hm that is weird. I was looking at some other topic and doing this should have solved the issue. 

Still not working :/ 

Ok so thanks to my friend and some trouble shooting I got it to work and the issue that we found was.. Running your game in "Compatibility mode Windows XP Service Pack 3" Now this worked for me without issue it may not solve someone elses problem.. 

Thanks to my buddy HalopcDraco! 

Edited by GTAGamerHD

i figured it out it was a stupid error on my part. I only grabbed

scripthook.dll

ELS.ini

ELS.asi

dsound.dll

Advanced Hook

. I didnt put the common folder or the ELS folder in my directory

I am unsure about why the blue square comes back but if you unchecked or unticked it, it should be fine, I did the same thing and that happened to me as well,  I right clicked any of my files within my game folder and read-only would be unchecked, but the screenshot below is what mine looks like, I used my GTAIV.exe as my example.

Edited by OfficerMurfy