Corporal_Lee

I need help GTA IV wont allow me to start game!

Sorry to waste some time but I was wondering if anybody can help me on this. My GTA IV wouldn't ever start on my other computers and I just bought a Toshiba Satellite C55 Series laptop. I didn't try to install it yet because i'll just get agrivated if it wont install right again! Anybody know why it does that????

Yea I downloaded a framework it should it's brand new. I forget what the box said but if im not mistaken it does

Ok well I do know there's 4gb on disc drive and 500gb on memory. intel processor hd

I have it downloading now to see what happens.. as well

Edited by Corporal_Lee

Yea I downloaded a framework it should it's brand new. I forget what the box said but if im not mistaken it does

Ok well I do know there's 4gb on disc drive and 500gb on memory. intel processor hd

I have it downloading now to see what happens.. as well

Just because it's brand new, doesn't mean it will run the game. You can find your computer specs by right-clicking "My Computer" or "Computer" then clicking on properties. it should bring up a page with your computer details on it like RAM, Processor, Operating System etc.

EDIT: I didn't see you edit your post. I did some researching. and it turns out that your model laptop isn't so  great in the gaming department. so it may not run GTA 4 (it's possible it could work on low settings)

Edited by CouthInk4

MODERATOR NOTICE
Moving topic to GTA IV Support Requests as it has been posted in the wrong section. The General & Miscellaneous Discussion section is not for Support Requests. Please make sure to post in the right section in the future.

As CouthInk said, it's not a guarantee that the game will run even if the computer is brand new. You will need to provide a lot more information about your PC and your problem in general. 

The following reasons why your game might not open up is because of:

-Did not install patch 1.0.7.0 [LCPDFR Purposes]

-Installing way too many vehicle mods that increased the memory of the game, not allowing to start [Happens on very poor to poor computers]

-Minimum Requirements for specs are too low below the required specs needed

-Installing too many script modifications [Having a ridiculous amount of scripts in the game]

-ENB Graphics modifications [some ENB's contain a lot of memory which is probably not allowing the game to start because it cannot handle it (poor computers)]

-Defragmentation on hard drive causing the game not to start [ONLY ON POOR COMPUTERS]

-Processes in the background, RAM overused [if there so many processes in your PC "Start Task Manager" - having many processes on a very poor RAM can cause GTA to either not start or might eventually crash]

You can disable "UNREQUIRED" (LOOK CAREFULLY) some processes by clicking [CTRL+ALT+DELETE] and click Start Task Manager, then end some processes, WARNING: DO NOT END THE ONES THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE! CAN BE VERY RISKY IF DISABLING IMPORTANT PROCESSES

So if you cannot figure it out, then it is that you might want to buy a new computer.

-AJ