Exo 401

Can the default cop have more than one hat texture?

You can't just add a new model, as there's several files that would need to be changed, but I believe cop normal has two different hats, I think you could replace one of those, might look funny or cause a crash. But I know just that much, not a whole lot more. 

You can't just add a new model, as there's several files that would need to be changed, but I believe cop normal has two different hats, I think you could replace one of those, might look funny or cause a crash. But I know just that much, not a whole lot more. 

I wanted to add a second texture to the default hat. Guess it's not possible. I'll try using the rainy weather hat instead. Sucks because I was adding hat badge #'s but I guess I'm gonna have to remove the numbers.

Yeah, I honestly don't know too much. Somebody here maybe will respond later who does know. I think since there's two default hats, you could add a second texture, but you'll have to replace a hat to do so. But like cars, you definitely can't have 4 variations, badge numbers in your case as far as I'm aware. I've never seen it. 

You can add it and it will load up randomly for the AI peds. For an example, the fat cop has two textures for his normal hat. No trainer has allowed you to switch through those textures yet, same applies with different sun/eyeglass textures.

RyHvTD1.jpg

Here they are in action. The player can only use the glasses tinted with orange, which are not in the picture I posted above. Those are the two other textures which are exclusive for AI's.

Edited by Olanov

You can add it and it will load up randomly for the AI peds. For an example, the fat cop has two textures for his normal hat. No trainer has allowed you to switch through those textures yet, same applies with different sun/eyeglass textures.

RyHvTD1.jpg

Here they are in action. The player can only use the glasses tinted with orange, which are not in the picture I posted above. Those are the two other textures which are exclusive for AI's.

Oh wow... Can it be more than two?

What is the max textures ? Is it A-D or can I go higher to? I'm talking about shirts, pants, jackets as well.

Edited by Exo 401

Oh wow... Can it be more than two?

What is the max textures ? Is it A-D or can I go higher to? I'm talking about shirts, pants, jackets as well.

Pretty sure it can go higher but if you have multiple model sections the textures usually screw up and load up on wrong meshes. Yes, it can be more than two. I mean, the cop_p already has 3 textures for glasses. C'mon.

Edited by Olanov

Pretty sure it can go higher but if you have multiple model sections the textures usually screw up and load up on wrong meshes. Yes, it can be more than two.

Sweet, thanks for the tip :D