OSHPTROOPERSHORTY

Lag.......Help if you can please.

I'm having in game lag on GTA IV its self. No mods installed are causing lag.  I have used multiple things such as The command line, closing other programs, turning off certain services, and turning off clip editor.  But there's still a considerable amount of lag. Its not unbearable but its kinda annoying. I am Knowledgeable with Computers so don't say i'm stupid, I need a new PC, Or my PC sucks. Its not true.

Thanks, OSHPTROOPERSHORTY

EDIT: I have reduced everything to low too.

Computer Specs Straight from the site bought it from.

• AMD A6-5200 Quad-Core processor
    2.0GHz, 2MB L2 Cache
  • 4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
    Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
  • AMD Radeon HD 8400 Graphics
    With up to 2092MB total graphics memory and HDMI and VGA capabilities
Edited by OSHPTROOPERSHORTY

Running the game as administrator? Tried reinstalling it? 

I always run it as admin. I may have reinstalled it before, not for that reason but it didn't improve or worsen the lag.

Did you try turning down your graphics settings? I think the graphics are set on high as default.

Click start ----> Type in "msconfig" -----> Go the to "services" tab ------> Find "Windows event log" and uncheck the box next to it ------> Find "Windows event collector" and uncheck the box next to it -----> click "apply" then "ok" ------> restart your PC when asked. Your lag should be reduced if not gone.

Click start ----> Type in "msconfig" -----> Go the to "services" tab ------> Find "Windows event log" and uncheck the box next to it ------> Find "Windows event collector" and uncheck the box next to it -----> click "apply" then "ok" ------> restart your PC when asked. Your lag should be reduced if not gone.

Did you try turning down your graphics settings? I think the graphics are set on high as default.

He said he had been using commandlines. Which commandlines have you tried? 

@XPZKModzHD I have had already done this.

@slimory have said that i done this in the post.

@Ineseri -novblank -norestrictions -percentvidmem 100 -novsync -frameLimit 0 -nomemrestrict