Sign in to follow this  
cshada97

Suggestion: Correct Holster/unholster

I get that no matter what, the ped model's gun will never disappear from the holster, but can we fix the drawing from the left hip? there is already an animation in the game for drawing from the right hip, I'm just really curious why this has not been done?

double posted. can an admin delete one of these?

Because as far as I know, it's impossible to edit the animations for GTA 4.

It's not impossible to edit them, far from it. It is really hard to synchronize it all though, for what you want. Having the certain ped type always do the unholstering animation, having the game load up a version of the duty belt without the weapon as they do so and once they holster, have it load back up the other duty belt variation or something... Imagine the compatibility issues that would arise with custom ped models?

I know in Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 they set it so the actual weapon is in the holster. In IV with various peds, it's just a model attached to the duty belt/pants for an example, so it's part of one big mesh. That makes it hard for modders I believe.

Luckily it's only a little detail and easy to live with.

Edited by Olanov

Because as far as I know, it's impossible to edit the animations for GTA 4.

It's possible, but hard like Provolone said. I see many animation mods.

ahhh I understand now, still, if anyone doeeees manage to make a mod that does this, I'll be all over that in a heart beat!

(And it would sure make the drivers shooting you in traffic stops a lot harder ;) )

Edited by cshada97