DetectiveFlanMan

Game Crash When Calling for Backup 1.0b

Hello. I'm hoping someone can help! 

Whenever I'm in a pursuit with a vehicle and call for backup (X + Down D-Pad) my game crashes. Also, when I call for a prisoner transport, one of two things happen.. Either the game will also crash, or the transport unit displays for a second on my map, then disappears. Would anyone be able to assist me with this? Or even a possible fix? Please let me know

What I've done-

I uninstalled/reinstalled GTA IV. I have also change my comp ped and ped props to default. I do have police vehicles in police slots (police, police 2, noose, polpat, and FBI.I don't have any scripts. Please let me know if there is anything else required for support.

Thanks! 

Are you running as admin? and lunching game from the root folder.

Got the latest updates?

when it does crash what error does it say?

And to help you out even more upload the flowing files: 

AdvancedHook.log 

AdvancedHookInit.log

LCPDFR.log 

Are you running as admin? and lunching game from the root folder.

Got the latest updates?

when it does crash what error does it say?

And to help you out even more upload the flowing files: 

AdvancedHook.log 

AdvancedHookInit.log

LCPDFR.log 

Remove your car mods and try again. Also, do the above.

Thanks for you reply. Yes, I'm running as admin, launched from root folders. As for updates, I've deleted LCPDFR and the GTA IV game and re-downloaded. If there are any other updates, I am unsure of any. And then the game crashes, nothing displays except (GTA IV has closed unexpectedly.) I'm used to seeing those other fatal errors.. but that doesn't come up at all. I have also attached the logs in the above post. 

Please let me know if I'm missing anything. Thanks!

Didn't bother creating another topic, as I noticed there's a few of these already. So, I got the same problem, I recently re-downloaded GTA IV from Steam, so yeah, it's legal copy of it. I installed only LCPD:FR 1.0, as I noticed it was out, and it worked fine. I've just recently installed few script mods, they all worked just fine, no crashes.(Sp4s12sNewCallouts, Vehicular Injury by Hippiecommunist, Callout Plus and Supervillains). But when I installed Police Helper mod, the crashes started to occur. I deleted all the scripts from IV folders, but still I crash everytime I call for backup in pursuit. Callouts usually work fine, and I can call backup in them, but not in pursuits.

Any ideas?

Disable world events. Read the readme to find out how to do this. It's a known bug when using unsupported third-party mods such as PoliceHelper. Keep in mind that LCPDFR is not supported with third-party mods.

Disable world events. Read the readme to find out how to do this. It's a known bug when using unsupported third-party mods such as PoliceHelper. Keep in mind that LCPDFR is not supported with third-party mods.

Thanks, I'll try that soon and I will report back :)

Nope.. didn't work, I tried disabling the word events, and I also deleted the scripts again, both with no result. I even tried running LCPD:FR without any third party modifications, so I'm not sure if the cause is my system, GTA or LCPDFR, could be any, but I sure hope it's not First Response.

I never did thank you for the work by the way, I've been playing for around a year, and I've enjoyed it a lot. So far I'm loving this update too, I'd just like it to work properly :s

No, no ELS or any vehicle mods either. Well I did swap NOOSE cruiser with the police bike from TBoGT, as I really wanted a police bike.

No, no ELS or any vehicle mods either. Well I did swap NOOSE cruiser with the police bike from TBoGT, as I really wanted a police bike.

So I found out how to fix the issue. I had the VIP script. Once I removed the plugin, I haven't had any other issues. Let me know if you installed the VIPPU mod and I'll show you how to remove it

So I found out how to fix the issue. I had the VIP script. Once I removed the plugin, I haven't had any other issues. Let me know if you installed the VIPPU mod and I'll show you how to remove it

No, I don't have that either :/

I guess I've gotta re-download the game again...(with this connection it'll take only few years.. damn)