bhlsimple

GFWL not working?Unable to go online :(

I have GWFL installed along with GTA IV. I can play singleplayer just fine though on the main menu when i try to click on "LIVE" or " LIVE MARKETPLACE" nothing happens.If i try to go online via the phone in singleplayer it says i need to connect to live or something along those lines.Im not sure how to fix this i have tried looking on google for over 2 weeks now and still nothing.I tried removing the xlive.dll and signing in via ingame but when i try nothing happens i click enter and nothing pops up only can click esc and it starts a new game... Please anything will help. :wallbash:

EDIT: Im running Windows 8.

Edited by bhlsimple

I have full bars of internet connectiong, ill try to uninstall and reinstall it ill get back to you.

Nothing happened, i tried accessing online via phone and it said " You need to be connected to games for windows live to play online." :(

It says that your using the xlive.dll file. Im not sure of all the details of the difference in xlive and dsound, but read somehwere the xlive.dll does not support online play. Try using the dsound.dll and see if that makes a difference. 

P.S. Sorry for the bump if you figured it out already...

Good Luck

Hi, where is the file located is it in the game directory? and what should we do to be able to make the game go on dsound and not xlive? thanks!

Edited by Jasonis1997